13.

The shift was coming to an end, there was only two couples on the beach and they informed me that they won't order anything else. Theo and I were cleaning up and Kasper was working on his phone, letting out here and there frustrated sighs and comments about I guess his job. I didn't know what his job was, but considering by the way he dresses, what he drives, that he doesn't actually live here but has a house here, tells me that he is probably some kind of manager, or even a shift leader in a successful company.

Once we finish up with cleaning, the couples have left so Theo offers to clean their tables too "Hey Mack, we could go for a swim once we finish?" He offers and I look over at Kasper whose head shoots up "I mean, I've been sitting here for the whole day and I could use swimming" He replies, looking over at Theo then back at me, as they both stare at me, waiting for my answer "You boys have fun, I'll just finish up here." I say with a small smile and walk back behind the counter.

"Mackenna, why are you acting like this?" Kasper breaks the silence that wasn't even awkward, I was just way too tired for a small talk "Acting like what?" I don't even look at him, rather I decide to close the register and count cash for today. "Don't pretend you don't know.. You've been ignoring me for the whole day" Kasper whines almost, I could notice by the tone of his voice that he was hurt. He was right, I shouldn't of ignored our customer.

I look up at him and force a fake smile "My apologize, is there anything I could get for you, sir?" and I watch his face that was joyful once I looked up at him turn dark and emotionless "You really like fucking with my head, don't you?" him cursing makes my lips part a bit as I'm left speechless "You find it funny? Do you think it's funny to me watching you be so close to me for the whole day, knowing I can touch you whenever I want but yet you are so distant. You were sitting one stool away from me and it's like you were on the other side of the world." his words make me even more shocked and my brain struggles to find an answer, but to my luck he hasn't finished talking yet "I wanted to make clear to you that I don't have a girlfriend nor am I in any kind of situationship... from today and on." that part made me ironically chuckle and roll my eyes, so he decides to lean over the counter, getting closer to me

"Don't you roll your eyes at me and give me that attitude." He demands, making me close my legs for a moment as I keep my arms crossed over my chest while looking at him, digging my nails in my sides trying to control myself and not kiss him this right second, so I raise my eyebrows and keep a serious face "Or what?"

"Come on! Let's go swimmi- Oh, sorry" Theo cuts himself off as, I guess, he sees us being close to each other and as much as my ego wanted me not to be first to move away, I had to, because it was awkward for Theo, but I pretty much liked the tension and so did Kasper, judging by the blush on his cheeks.

"Let's." I say with a smile, switching my attitude back to normal and since it was 7 pm, I close down the bar and walk out to the beach, taking off my overalls and my top, revealing a white bikini underneath it all. I planned on swimming today as well, since the summer has officially started and I could use a good swim to start off the season.

I run to the water and get in quickly as water wasn't cold as it can be sometimes or I'm just that much burning from the inside so it didn't bother me. 

I watch Theo get in after me and my eyes scan back to Kasper, he was unbuttoning his shirt slowly as if he was trying to make up his mind on something and I'm glad he did, cause he only gave me more time to watch him. His shirt falls down to the chair and he undoes his belt with one hand, then pulls his pants off, staying in his - underwear? I guess he didn't come prepared, but the fact he so casually got almost naked in front of us made me drop my jaw but Theo was quick enough to snap me from my thoughts, so Kasper wouldn't notice anything.

"That was the same look he had while you got undressed" Theo whispers to me before Kasper catches up with us, pretty quickly to my surprise. He could be a life guard on our beach, since we don't have one and John is relaying on us to save someone if in need. But I also bet that if Kasper did begin to work as a lifeguard the same day there would be at least 100 drowning girls.

"What are we talking about?" Kasper asks as he joins us in the deeper waters. "Oh I was just asking her about some advice on what to give my girlfriend for her birthday" Theo makes up a lie on the spot and I look over at him with a proud smile of admiration at his wittiness. "Ah I see, well you can always buy a nice box and fill it with things she loves along with a few love letters" 

Love letters? Kasper sure doesn't seem like a guy who writes love letters or actually cares about girlfriend, he seems to only care about himself.

"That is exactly what Mackenna said, except that, since she has never had a boyfriend, she couldn't tell me what to write in the letters, so I'm gonna have to have help from you" Theo states and him mentioning that I've never had a boyfriend made me want to drown him but Kasper either didn't register that information in his brain or something because he didn't react in the usual 'make fun of you for that' way, the others do. He just nodded his head and agreed to help him then he turns his head towards me. Here we go.

"Mackenna, I was thinking about inviting you and you are free to bring Theo and Stella too, to my brother's 18th birthday party. Tomorrow night." He offers, looking at me with eyes full of hope. 

"I have a day off tomorrow..." I begin "Great! The party starts at 8 pm-" is when I cut him off "...buuut, that free day is already planned out. I'm spending it with my mom."