12.

Strawberry lipgloss? Wish I could've tasted it.

No, Kasper, what are you even thinking about?

I hate these weak moments, where when I'm vulnerable I think I have a crush.

She stops walking as we get out and turns towards me, placing her hand on my chest and looking up at me "You know, we could use a worker like you around here more often" She giggles a bit, teasing me I suppose. 

"I mean, last night you handled -" I looked away as she was speaking and it made her pause so I quickly look back at her "Sorry, don't know why I looked away-" I try to apologize but she takes a step back and drops her hand from my chest "No, I'm sorry.. I didn't realize you have a girlfriend.. I mean I've never asked and I for sure should, now I just look stupid because of that hug and everything.. I.. Sorry"

She rushes back to the counter, leaving me standing there not knowing what to say. As she moved her hand away, a feeling of emptiness and missing flooded my mind. My arms wanted to pull her in another hug and explain everything that has happened to me, but my mind wasn't quick enough for such an action. 

I see Theo's head peak out as I walk towards the counter, him visibly glaring at me while Mackenna walks away with a tray "No intentions huh?" Theo madly says through his teeth.

"Dude, it was just a hug, not my fault she thought something will be between us" I reply, sitting back at the counter and leaning my arm on it. 

"I'm gonna ask you to leave because I won't be able to handle the awkwardness now" Theo says and I ignore him, looking out for Mackenna.

"Maybe if you stopped looking at her like a hungry lion for her love and touch, then your sentence would make sense." Theo continues and I look over at him "What are you talking about?" I give him a confused look.

"Don't talk bullshit to me, she told me you offered her a dance, a drink, a ride and to walk her back home, you stood up for her against those boys and worried about her getting home safe? You texted her at 3 am when there are better things to do? Don't tell me that the big mister CEO does that with every girl he talks to?" Those words hit me with strong reality, but I refused to believe in it. There is no way I'm actually crushing on her, I have never even been in love, and crushes come and go, I know what a crush feels like and it doesn't feel like it.

"The least you can do is invite me to the wedding." Theo jokes with me and I hear Mackenna's voice behind me "You are getting married?" I think both Theo and I could feel how broken she sounded, making it one more broken heart caused by me.

I quickly turn around in my chair, almost falling off so I jump down to walk towards her, hearing Theo mumble in the back "Falling off the chair like you are falling for her.." but I decide to ignore him, for now, and instead make things right with Mackenna.

"NO, No.. I am not, Theo is just being a jerk and joking, right Theo?" I look back at him, shooting him a death glare and he nods his head nervously. 

"Look don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be pushy or trying to get you to think falsely of my feelings, I have zero towards you but I just don't want anybody to think that I am a homewrecker." Mackenna states and walks past me, getting back to her work as it's a busy day today.

I tried to talk to her in the next few hours, but she was way too busy and not interested in talking to me, whatsoever. 

"Can I talk to you for a second.. well longer than a second?" I ask her, by grabbing her arm gently to stop her from walking away, but she moves her arm quickly away "Can't you see I'm carrying drinks?" and coldly makes a few steps away, then turns her head towards me, looking at me over her shoulder "You can text me later." 

As she walks away, Theo pops up from behind me "Don't you dare-" he begins, but I don't need him to educate me on my behavior "Wasn't going to." I reply not looking at him, but keeping my eyes on Mackenna as I sit on the counter, facing the beach. Of course I wasn't going to deal with all these serious problems over a text message, she shouldn't have even offered it or considered it a possibility. 

"Doesn't she look cute today?" Theo breaks the silence and I turn around to face him, watching him clean the glasses until they are shiny clean "Don't you have a girlfriend?" I play smart, smirking a bit at how proud I am of my answer "Don't you want one? The one like her? Caring, friendly, smart, hardworking, polite and has the looks?" Theo continues teasing me and I keep on fighting the urge to smile so I bite on my lower lip "The man's biting on his lower lip but telling me on and on about how he doesn't like her." Theo chuckles at my face and walks away to bring another bottle of alcohol that they were missing.

As he left, Mackenna pops up in the corner of my eye as she sets her tray down and jumps up on a stool, leaving one bar stool in the middle of us. I turn my head towards her to look at her, noticing how really cute she did look with natural makeup and all white outfit. Her caramel tanned skin made a perfect contrast to all white, her long hair that was chocolate brown mixed with golden sort of perfectly matched her face. 

"What? Kasper? Do I have something on my face or?" She speaks, making me snap out from my thoughts of observing her features and I look into her eyes, which was a wrong move. Now the only answer in my head was: No, but I wouldn't mind having my lips on it.