21.

I came home after my morning shift but my mother was nowhere to be found. 

After dropping my stuff in my room, I take off my clothes and decide to take a cold shower so I could was off the sweat, sun and sand off my body after today's busy day. 

Earlier I tried texting Kasper earlier but he hasn't replied and all I could think about the whole day was what did I do wrong, but I for sure wasn't gonna bother him after three unread texts.

Once I finish with my what seemed two hour shower, I take a glance at the clock and notice that it only lasted 15 minutes. 

I brush my hair with a comb and tie it up in a messy ponytail as I put on my favorite emerald green sweatpants with plain, white, oversized shirt on top. 

As I walk over to the fridge, I turn on the TV, since I can't eat by myself without entertaining my eyes as well. 

I take out a bowl wrapped in foil my mother has left me last night so only thing I had to do was heat it up in the oven, so once I placed it in the preheated oven I walked over to the TV and sofa, searching for something to watch.

Once the food was heated just perfectly, I plop onto the couch with a fork in my hand and bowl in my lap, grab the remove and after a while stumble across a romance movie about a couple from foreign countries who meet on a vacation but it's mixed with comedy and drama, so it's basically a reality show.

My eyes are glued to the screen as I comment here and there, talking to the TV, probably seeming crazy, but it was fun enough for me.

"Noooo, don't leave her!" I whine while placing food in my mouth and chewing slowly while holding my breath as I watch the scene unfold. Once he leaves I let out an annoyed sigh mixed with groan "Douche, total asshole" I roll my eyes and finish my food soon.

After an hour into the movie, I was hugging my pillow and watching the newly couple, lead actors who are soulmates on and off screen, in awe, wishing it was all happening to me.

"Damn he is fine!" I mumble into the pillow, smiling like a crazy person at my screen. There was half an hour until the movie finishes but my phone rings, indicating a message. 

I quickly grab it in hopes that it is a message from Kasper, but I see a message from my mom "Gonna stay a bit longer, emergency. Please bring food." I read out loud and without thinking I turn off the TV, stand up and walk to the kitchen then start making her favorite salad. 

"I'll just make up my own movie ending on my way to the hospital." I say as I finish with making salad, remembering that we have pizza rolls in the fridge, defrosted for today's dinner but since it was almost 5 pm and I have just ate, I wasn't hungry so I decided to bring them as well for her colleagues.

While the rolls bake, I had 15 minutes to get ready so I changed into my floral, knee length dress, that was baby purple with white tiny flowers, I put on my white sneakers and brushed my hair straight and loose, bringing a hair tie on my wrist just in case. I don't put on any makeup since my face was surprising clean and didn't have any pimples, so I just brush my eyebrows with gel to keep them in place and brush my teeth. 

I jog to the kitchen, turn off the oven and take out the pizza rolls, placing them on the tray and covering them with foil to keep them warm and soft, I grab my backpack and my mom's salad in a closed lid bowl in a floral bag I use to bring her food. 

Once I lock the house, I put the key in my backpack as well as my phone since my hands were full and I couldn't hold it all.

I could hear my phone ringing, an incoming call "Well whoever it is, I'm sorry" I say to myself giggling a bit as I carry the food in my hands. 

After a 10 minute walk, I reach the hospital, walking in through the front door and seeing a wide smile from Ben who greeted me at the front desk "Ahh it smells amazing!" He compliments me with a smile and I nod my head "Pizza rolls for all of you!" I reply happily back, smiling wide as his smile was contagious. 

He walks over to me and gives me a quick side hug "May I also say, you look wonderful today, glowing almost" He sends another compliment my way and I smile in return "While thank you, soon to be doctor" I nudge his side. He is an intern on his finishing year of specialization for cardiologist. Mom told me that he is gonna be the best one this place has ever had, and that probably he will go to US so he can improve more and also achieve more. 

"Your mother is in ER but I'll keep you company to our break room." He offers and I nod as I accept his company. He was almost 30 but the almost 10 year difference was non existent, since he was so young looking and had a spirit of a 18 year old. 

As we walk down the hallway, I notice a man, around 60 sitting in a chair next to an MRI scanning room, so I give a sad look to Ben, knowing exactly what it is.

"His wife is in there, he doesn't even know she has cancer.. not yet at least.." Ben says in sad voice and I almost break down "Poor grandma and grandpa.." I whine, trying not to cry as the picture replayed in my head of his tiny body sitting in a cold, uncomfortable, plastic chair with his head down, all of his sadness written on his face and the very last energy leaving his lungs.

As we continue to walk, Ben tries to cheer me up by telling me a funny storytime from work, that has happened yesterday to him and my mom with a patient. 

I begin to giggle and as we take a turn he opens the door to the break room for me so I can walk in and place the food on the table, revealing pizza rolls to workers as they thank and hug me then placing my mother's salad in the fridge. 

Ben waits for me outside and I walk out soon, smiling to him then out of nowhere he hugs me and says "You have no idea how much light you bring once you walk in here" to which I blush "Oh Ben, you are the one who is saving lives." 

I pull back from the hug and he makes me giggle again but this time my giggle was cut off as we started walking back to the front door. 

There he was. 

Kasper. 

Looking like complete shit. 

His hair was messy, his eyes were red and his clothing was wrinkled. His face had no color, his lips were dry and his hands shaky.

"I called you many times... but I guess you were busy."