Chapter 81 - 90

Chapter 81

Li Qing He was in immense pain. Mrs. Zhou helped her lie down on the bed, "Don't be afraid, this pain is the same for every woman giving birth. Your mother and I have also been through this. If it hurts too much, distract yourself; think of something else or curse someone."

She went to the closet and took out clothes, swaddles, and diapers and put them on the side of the brazier to warm them up as she spoke, "Are you hungry? When they come back, I'll make you something to eat. What would you like to eat?"

Although Mrs. Zhou was worried, she was also very excited and could not stop feeling like that even for a moment. She poured hot water in a glass for her to drink.

Not long after, there was the neighing of horses outside. Zhou Chengkang came back with Granny Wen. On a cold day, he was sweating whilst he kept urging granny Wen, "Auntie, can you hurry up a little?"

Granny Wen walked at a steady pace and said, "Don't worry, childbirth is not that fast."

Zhou Chengkang ran into the room and grabbed her hand, "Qing He, how are you feeling?"

Looking at the person who was more afraid and panicked than the one who was giving birth, Li Qing He could not help but laugh a little even in pain, " It hurts."

Granny Wen came in, and sat beside her, rubbed her belly, and chased Zhou Chengkang out, "Aunt, how is she? If you need anything, you must tell me. You must tell me if there is anything wrong..."

The door was shut along with his panicked rambling.

Granny Wen smiled and said, "this young couple has a good relationship. You are lucky."

The last sentence was directed to Mrs. Zhou.

Mrs. Zhou also smiled, "Yes, I would be satisfied if Qing He could give birth to the child without any complications."

The two chatted by the side, while Li Qing He was suffering so much in pain that her mind was in chaos. Seeing them talking so leisurely, Li Qing He figured that her situation must be normal as compared to Mei Hua. When Mei Hua was giving birth, Mrs. Zhou's face was serious. Let alone joking like she was right now, she didn't even speak much.

Zhou Chengkang was standing outside when he suddenly thought of something, and went out from the back-door to the house behind theirs, "Min Rui, please help me bring a doctor."

Min Rui popped his head out of the house, "What's wrong?"

"Is Qing He about to give birth?" Yu Yan's voice was full of excitement. She knew he came here for this reason without even asking, "I'll go take a look."

Since she was pregnant too, Min Rui hurriedly supported her, "Be careful."

Min Rui's carriage was not prepared, so Zhou Cehngkang directly took him to his carriage and before he left, he recalled, " Also we need to drop by Zhang's house and pick up my mother-in-law."

Before noon, both the doctor and Mrs. Xu arrived. Li Fu, who heard the news, also rushed over.

Li Qing He only felt pain. The beads of sweat on her forehead never dried. On such a cold day, she didn't even feel a bit chilly. Mrs. Zhou and Mrs. Xu were by her side comforting her. She looked at the sky which was slowly getting dark. At night, she occasionally heard someone talking outside but her mind was in a daze because of pain.

It was late into the night, and the whole day Zhou Chengkang did not sit down. He was either busy going around or standing guard at the door. Listening to the sounds coming from inside from time to time and watching the sky outside getting darker and darker, he could not help but want to rush in.