Chapter 1 - 13

top-assassin-retires-and-becomes-a-farmer-after-time-traveling-to-the-past

Chapter 1

"Oh no, big brother. Mom has fainted!"

"Come quick!"

"What?"

"Mom, what's wrong with you?"

"Quick, press on her philtrum! Use more force!"

...

Amidst the cacophony, Li Yao felt a searing pain on her philtrum that instantly jolted her awake.

As she opened her eyes, she found herself lying on a wooden bed, surrounded by four peasant children with anxious looks on their faces.

Seeing her open her eyes, joy spread across their faces.

"Mom's awake!"

"Thank goodness, Mom is alright!"

...

Li Yao sat up, completely baffled.

In front of her were five children of varying ages and sizes, four boys and one girl, dressed in coarse hemp clothes mended all over with patches.

Except for a pair of cloth shoes with holes worn through on the girl's feet, the rest were barefoot.

"Did you guys just call me..."

The children looked at each other, a little apprehensive as they replied, "We called you Mom!"

Li Yao's mouth twitched.

She was an orphan.

Taken in and trained by a mysterious old lady when she was six, she eventually became a top-notch assassin.

A month ago, the old lady passed away peacefully, so she retired from the profession and bought herself a farm with idyllic scenery, intending to live a quiet and comfortable pastoral life from then on.

But the farm had barely been purchased when she went to sleep after the first night there and woke up to find herself with so many children?

What exactly was going on here?

Suddenly, a flood of unfamiliar memories poured into her mind, like a rising tide.

Li Yao was even more confused.

She had actually crossed over!

And crossed over into some ancient era of unknown time and space!

The original owner was also named Li Yao and was also 31 years old.

Married for over ten years, her husband had died half a year ago, leaving her a widow.

The four boys in front of her were all her own flesh and blood, while the gaunt, pale-faced girl was her eldest daughter-in-law, married into the family for more than half a year.

And the original owner was the shrewdiest shrew in the entire He River Bay Village, even the whole Bai Chuan County!

Once she opened her mouth, it was bound to bring darkness upon the land.

With hands on her hips, she knew no match.

The villagers called her the terror of ghosts and fright of dogs. The dogs would even walk around her when they saw her coming.

Not only that, the original owner was also an utter fool.

She had fought like cats and dogs with her mother-in-law from the second day after her marriage, and wept copiously for a separation from her husband's family right after her eldest son turned one month old.