Chapter 1 - 10

1Transmigration: The Peasant Makeup Artist1

Chapter 1

From the moment Li Mo opened her eyes, she saw a thatched roof, and then she realized that this was not her body. She was sure that she had transmigrated. After all, she remembered her last moments. She was on the plane going to Paris, and the plane she was boarding crashed. She didn't believe she could survive that accident. Even if she did, she would be in the hospital, not in this thatched house that looked like it was from the ancient period. She didn't know where she was.

After holding back the feeling of dizziness, she sat up from the bed vigorously. There was a rattling noise as she moved her body. Li Mo lowered her head to see where the sound came from and saw a pile of hay under the shabby bed sheets.

Then Li Mo looked around. The surrounding walls were obviously built for a long time. The dirt from the walls looked like it was wiped out just recently, and several seams had been cracked. The only window in the house had several rotten holes, which were not enough to cover the wind and rain. Except for one bed, the whole room was in tatters—the chairs and the table were both missing one leg, and the house didn't have much furniture.

By looking at the house's condition, Li Mo was already sure that she had transmigrated to a poor family.

She still didn't know what kind of environment she had transmigrated to or what it looked like outside. Li Mo resisted the pain in her body and the feeling of nausea. She slowly moved her legs out of bed to get out of the room.

Li Mo wanted to go outside to take a look, but when she just stood up, her head started pounding, and a dazzling white light flashed through her. In the next second, she fell into the darkness.

When Li Mo woke up again, she was awakened by a loud voice. Li Mo was still a little confused when Li Mo opened her eyes.

A sudden flood of memories belonging to another person flowed through her mind when she was in her sleep. No, it should be said that it was the memory of the original owner.

It turned out that the original owner had just arrived at this house yesterday and was bought out by the owner of this house for two taels of silver.

"Hey, Hey." Before Li Mo could recall this body's memory, the call from her side pulled Li Mo back to reality.

Li Mo turned to look at the person standing by the bed.

A tall man caught her eyes, dressed in sackcloth, with patches piled on his clothes. His long black hair was tied behind his head in a bun, his skin was dark, and he had bland facial features.

Li Mo knew that this was the man who bought "her" yesterday from the trader for two taels of silver. The man in front of her was the owner of the house.

At that moment, the man bent down slightly and saw Li Mo's eyes cast on him. His brows were slightly furrowed, and his voice was a little hoarse: "Are you okay? Do you feel any discomfort? "

Li Mo shook her head slightly and replied softly, "I'm okay."

The man did not relax his brows when he heard her answer. He looked at Li Mo with complicated eyes.

After a while, he said: "Don't worry, I won't force you to do anything. I just didn't want you to be sold to that old man. "

After finishing this sentence, he pursed his lips and said, "When you recover from your injury, I will let you go. You can focus on your recovery and stop thinking about other things. "

Li Mo listened to the man silently, feeling helpless. She sighed.

The original owner of this body was once a highly regarded maid, serving the Zhang family's Matriarch, a prominent family in the city. She was pretty beautiful, so she was valued by the Zhang family's Eldest Young Master and wanted her to serve him. The original owner also had the mind of climbing the dragon and being the phoenix, so she was secretly eyeing the Eldest Young Master. The Matriarch unexpectedly knew her motives. The Matriarch took advantage of the time when the Eldest Young Master went out to meet his friends. She hurriedly sold the maid and specifically explained to the trader that she must sell the person to a distant village. That is how the trader brought her to this village.