Chapter 101 - 110

Chapter 101

"We also want to get along well with our neighbors." Zhou Chengkang said in a serious tone, "Min Rui and I get along pretty well. Honestly, I am closer to him than my brothers."

"It's not our problem that we don't get along with your family." Zhou Chengkang continued, "You owe so much silver to the villagers. The things my wife and I don't like the most are lending money to others and people asking to borrow money from us. No matter what relationship it is, as long it comes to money it will always leave a bad taste. So if we want a good relationship with others, it's best not to involve money."

But if the relationship is not good between them, he will not lend the money.

This conversation reached a dead end. In fact, the purpose of Mr. Yang coming to their house was nothing else than to borrow money. Zhou Chengkang's words directly stopped him from asking about it.

Mr. Yang was dumbfounded for a moment. He then looked at Li Qing He and frowned slightly, "Speaking of this, when you two were yet to get married, Li Qing He saved my son-in-law. I remember when Li Qing He asked for a thank you gift, it was my daughter who helped pay the silver." He scanned the courtyard, "It seems that you bought this land with that money."

"That's right." Li Qing He said calmly. It was originally supposed to be a thank-you gift. She almost lost her life to save Xu Changjie's life, compared to which, receiving 10 taels of silver was nothing at all. And as for Yang Lanrou paying her the silver, it was what she was willing to do herself. Li Qing He didn't ask for it.

"When you saved my son-in-law back then, was it because you liked..." Mr. Yang paused for a moment, "So you don't like my daughter, which is why you don't like interacting with our family."

His words implied that Li Qing He still hated his daughter and hence held a grudge against them.

How can Mr. Yang be so confident to think that she was still hung up on his son-in-law even after getting married and having a child?

"I'm not saying this to ask you to repay the 10 taels of silver, but I just hope that this can be the beginning of a relationship..."

Zhou Chengkang interrupted him, "Even if you ask us to return it, we will not be returning it. We didn't blackmail you to give you the money. Paying 10 taels of silver to buy a life, where can you find such a good thing? Besides, my wife saved him once again later. The Xu family didn't even give a thank-you gift and had been playing dumb about it. They have a problem with their character and are ungrateful. If we don't want to be associated with the Xu family at all."

How can they accept this?

Mr. Yang was dumbfounded.

Zhou Chengkang was already impatient with him. In fact, the Yang couple was not allowed to enter their house. But when they came to their door, someone else happened to come to buy the fish. As a result, the couple also got to enter the courtyard. The person who came to buy fish has left but they stayed behind to chat.

Looking at their posture, it seemed that they were not done yet.

"Don't go!" Seeing that he was about to leave, Mr. Yang hurriedly said, "We came here because we have something we want to ask."

"I know the reason It must be to borrow money." Zhou Chengkang replied, "Needless to say, we don't have money. I have recently paid the wages and now our family only has a few copper coins left."

"If it was a normal matter, I wouldn't open my mouth to ask." Mr. Yang had an ugly expression on his face as he spoke, "Originally, my son was a good boy. A master said that he is very smart and is likely to become a scholar. But I never expected him to steal things last year... After the incident, he stopped going outside and he may have suffered a blow. After the spring of this year, I originally intended to send him to the county to let him take the county exam, but I didn't expect..."