Chapter 281 - 320

Chapter 281 – Su Man is Getting Married

Those hooligans were eventually taken away by the police. After such a significant event, they all received sentences, finally ridding the town of their menace.

Both the village and the educated youth spot fell quiet after this ordeal. Especially in the educated youth spot, smiles were hard to come by for quite some time.

Lu Xia was no exception. Being a transmigrator herself, she didn't necessarily condone Li Yalan's actions, but she couldn't help but feel a sense of shared adversity.

What was even more crucial was that, having learned from Li Yalan's example, she believed that she needed to be more discreet in the future. She couldn't simply take advantage of being a transmigrator and act recklessly, or else she might become the next Li Yalan.

However, in this situation, Su Man informed Lu Xia that she and Gu Xiangnan were planning to get married!

Upon hearing this news, Lu Xia was initially taken aback and then confirmed the information again. She was genuinely surprised by this development.

However, she managed to hold back her reaction and said with a smile, "Congratulations! You've been together for so long, it's time to settle down. When's the wedding?"

Su Man smiled, appearing quite happy on her face, mixed with a hint of nostalgia. "Yes, it's been quite a while. It's the day after tomorrow. Remember to come over for the feast."

Lu Xia nodded. "Don't worry, I'll definitely be there!"

After Su Man left, Lu Xia still felt somewhat surprised. She hadn't anticipated such a major change in the storyline. It turned out that Su Man and Gu Xiangnan had been planning to get married even while they were in the countryside.

But didn't they break up just recently?

Could it be that Gu Xiangnan's act of sacrificing himself to save Su Man had deeply moved her?

Or was it Li Yalan's influence that made Su Man decide to secure Gu Xiangnan early?

Regardless, everything had deviated from the plot in the book.

No, it should be said that things had been different from the moment Cheng Yujiao was reborn.

Including the existence of the space she was unaware of.

As she had suspected, Su Man often went to town and the county, but it seemed that she never brought back any items. As it turned out, everything was stored in the space. She probably had made quite a bit of money these past two years.

However, at this moment, Lu Xia thought of Cheng Yujiao. She wondered how she would react upon learning this news.

...

How would Cheng Yujiao feel? She was undoubtedly furious!

Upon finding out that Su Man and Gu Xiangnan were planning to get married, she went mad. She stormed into Su Man's house and was about to lay her hands on her. However, Su Man slapped her twice, causing her to collapse onto the ground.

Having been through so much, Su Man no longer cared about Gu Xiangnan's face. Furthermore, she guessed that the incident from last time likely had something to do with Cheng Yujiao...

She admitted that at this moment, demanding a complete breakup unless they got married could be seen as an act of impulsiveness.

However, what was more important was that she didn't believe Li Yalan's words. She didn't believe she would lose. Someone like Cheng Yujiao was bound to be trampled under her feet.