Chapter 201 - 240

Chapter 201 – Discovered

Jiang Junmo left for about half an hour before returning.

Lu Xia anxiously waited for him at home.

After Jiang Junmo entered the house, his expression became somewhat complicated, and finally, he said directly, "It's about the incident involving Accountant Shi and Widow Ye. It's been discovered!"

"Ah?" Lu Xia widened her eyes in surprise, "Is it about their affair?"

"Yes," Jiang Junmo nodded, "The situation got quite serious. Villagers from the village came out, blocking the way."

"Oh my goodness!" Lu Xia exclaimed excitedly, "Who did it?"

They hadn't even decided whether to take action yet, and they were already discovered. Was this the principle of "what goes around comes around"?

"I don't know," Jiang Junmo shook his head, "I heard someone shouted that there was a thief, and villagers came out. They didn't see the thief but spotted Accountant Shi and Widow Ye."

Lu Xia: "..." Could things really be this coincidental? She leaned more towards the idea that someone deliberately orchestrated it.

Clearly, Jiang Junmo thought the same.

"Don't dwell on it. This matter has nothing to do with us. Get some rest, we won't be able to visit Senior Brother today."

Lu Xia nodded, "Alright, I understand."

However, before going to sleep, she was still curious, "Do you think this incident will affect Zhao Hua?"

Jiang Junmo shook his head, "It should be fine. If it happened before the village election, it might have had an impact. But now that the election is over, the incident involving Accountant Shi should stay within the village. The village chief won't let it spread. As for Zhao Hua, he's only engaged. It shouldn't affect him too much personally since they haven't married yet."

Lu Xia understood, "Still, with this incident, I doubt Zhao Hua would want to marry Shi Chunyan."

Considering the situation involving Accountant Shi, it's likely that instead of being helpful, it would be a burden after marriage.

But Jiang Junmo countered, "Not necessarily. Accountant Shi isn't easily fooled. Now that Zhao Hua got elected because of Accountant Shi, if he wants to break away, Accountant Shi won't allow it. If he breaks away later, Zhao Hua would be labeled as ungrateful and his reputation would be tarnished, and he'd suffer. It's better for him to continue with the engagement. He can gain a reputation for being honorable."

Listening to his analysis, Lu Xia understood. However, this way, Zhao Hua would have to swallow his pride.

Although there wasn't much conflict between Zhao Hua and them, it still felt uncomfortable.

Both of them were right. With this incident, many people couldn't sleep that night. Zhao Hua was the most uncomfortable of all.

He had been having a smooth time lately. Even though he was about to marry a rural girl he didn't like, he was happy to leave the village and attend college.

Furthermore, Accountant Shi had promised to help him. He knew people in town, and they would surely be of assistance.

But now, unexpectedly, this happened.

So he was in a dilemma—whether to cut ties with Accountant Shi or not.

He knew that even if he cut ties now, he could righteously claim he didn't want to associate with such people.