Chapter 561 - 600

Chapter 561 – Reporting for Duty

After he left, Lu Xia noticed that Jiang Junmo was looking at her with surprise.

She asked, "What's wrong?"

Jiang Junmo sighed and said, "I just feel that it's a waste for you not to do business. Sometimes I even suspect if you really want to do business, otherwise, you wouldn't be so knowledgeable about the country's policies."

Lu Xia laughed upon hearing this. She wasn't really knowledgeable about it; it was just that she had read a lot of novels in her past life where the female protagonists were good at doing business and thrived in that era. She remembered the general development paths and mentioned it subconsciously.

As for the policies, she hadn't been paying much attention to them.

However, she couldn't say that now. She simply shook her head and said, "Let's forget about it. Doing business is too tiring and time-consuming. It's not suitable for me. I'd rather be an honest university teacher. It's great—light workload and respectable."

Jiang Junmo smiled, "I understand. You just want to make money while lying down."

"That's right!" Lu Xia nodded in agreement.

Jiang Junmo understood her thoughts, so he just smiled and didn't say more.

Soon, at the end of August, Kang Kang returned from his summer break and moved into the small courtyard. Lu Xia also had to report to Peking University.

Of course, the teachers couldn't start the school year with the students; they had to go a few days earlier.

So on the day of reporting, Lu Xia got up early, packed her things, and changed into slightly more mature clothes: a white shirt and a black long skirt, wearing small leather shoes.

After getting ready, she left.

Well, because she was afraid of being late on the first day, she didn't ride her bicycle and took the bus instead.

Upon arrival, she went straight to the archives reception at the school.

After registering, she was officially considered to have reported.

After completing the registration, Lu Xia went to the English department and found the department head.

The department head was very happy about her arrival.

"Lu Xia, right? I've heard that among the first batch of university students, there's a student with outstanding abilities in all aspects. It seems our school has gained another talent!"

Lu Xia modestly said, "Director, you're too kind. There are still many areas I need to learn."

The department head nodded discreetly upon seeing her modesty. After welcoming her, he began to assign her courses for this semester.

This semester, the number of admissions at the school increased, so there were more courses to teach. The courses for the teachers were also redistributed.

Previously, Lu Xia and her colleagues would teach students from the first year to the fourth year in the same specialty.

Now it had changed. Those who taught first-year students would only teach first-year students, so some professors didn't have to start from scratch and could use their expertise more effectively.

Since Lu Xia had just graduated, she wouldn't be given third or fourth-year students. Her current task was to teach English to the three English major classes in the first year.