Chapter 121 - 124

Chapter 121: Separation

The Yang family's courtyard was separated from theirs by a tall courtyard wall. Also, Zhou Chengkang put a thorn barrier on the road leading to the Yang family courtyard last year, so people could no longer access it.

But if Mrs. Xu were living there, then the barrier would definitely be removed. Or maybe they could cut and make a brick wall with a door in the middle.

The next day the weather was pleasant and the sun shone brightly, which was rare. Li Qing He and Mrs. Xu went to look at the courtyard next door. Though the house was built only two years ago since it was empty for months, there was dust all over the house making it look like an old courtyard. They would have to clean the house before moving in.

After cleaning the house, it would be the best house in the village.

As days passed, the news that Mrs. Xu bought the Yang family's house soon spread like wildfire. Many people sighed: This is being rich!

Of course, some people said some sour words: It's because she is good-looking she could take advantage of it.

Everyone in the village knew that the Yang family's house was the best in the village. It was just that no one could afford to buy it. Even if they could afford to buy it, they chose not to as the house was a bit far from the village.

As for Mrs. Xu, it would be better for her to stay away from the village. Although she used to live in this village, after so many years, she was no longer familiar with the villagers.

The courtyard was in good condition, so no outsiders were hired to clean it.

They asked Mr. Yu and Mrs. Chen to help with cleaning the courtyard for a few days. They plucked the weeds and planted vegetables in the backyard. Soon, the house looked quite nice and neat.

After picking a date, Mrs. Xu moved into the house. It was already winter when she moved in. She also invited the villagers for a housewarming banquet after settling down.

The banquet was very lively. Li Qing He was pregnant and Mrs. Xu was afraid of taking her help out of fear that she would hurt herself. So she asked Li Qing He to rest instead in her room.

Mrs. Xu specially prepared a room for Li Qing He in her house. The room had a girlish tone, with pink quilts and curtains.

Many people from the village came to the banquet. Even Li Fu came. He also brought Mrs. Liu with him. Li Fu appeared calm during the whole banquet, but it was the others who were awkward. Li Fu didn't feel any awkwardness and said with a smile, "It's good that Qing He's mother is living next door to her. Now I can be at ease. After the horrible things that happened, I couldn't sleep at night getting worried for her. Now, it's fine."

Mrs. Xu's maternal family also came to the banquet but Mrs. Xu only treated them as ordinary neighbors from the village and they were not close at all. The Xu family actually blamed their daughter for leaving her daughter behind and running to the town to become somebody's concubine. They mainly blamed her for tarnishing Xu's family's reputation. Seeing that Mrs. Xu wasn't getting close to them, they also didn't approach her and were just indifferent to her.

Li Qing He was talking to someone in the house when she heard someone in the kitchen say that there were not enough basins. She got up to bring them. Before she had even walked a few steps out of the yard, Mrs. Zhou chased after her, "Qing He."

"Did you tell your mother what I said to you the other day?" Mrs. Zhou lowered her voice and reached out to support her.

Li Qing He was not used to being this close to her and backed away a bit, "No, initially my mother herself did not intend to live with us for a long time."