Chapter 321 - 360

Chapter 321 – The Things Grandmother Left Them

After looking around, Jiang Junmo led Lu Xia back to the master bedroom.

Then he walked straight to a tall cabinet and reached out to open the door.

...There was nothing, empty inside.

But he didn't care. Instead, he knocked on the side of the cabinet against the wall and then pressed a button, causing a door to suddenly appear on the wall side of the cabinet. Jiang Junmo opened the door, revealing a passage.

Lu Xia was stunned when she saw this. "This... Does the house have a hidden room?"

Jiang Junmo nodded. "Yes, this secret room has existed since the construction of the house. It's very concealed. Grandmother left some things for us down there."

Saying that, he took a flashlight from his bag, entered first, and walked into the passage.

It was only now that Lu Xia realized he had brought it along. She thought so, why did he insist on taking the bag when they went out? She even thought it might be for carrying New Year's goods later.

But it wasn't the time to think about these things now. She quickly followed Jiang Junmo into the secret passage.

Inside, there was a descending staircase.

This secret passage probably hadn't been entered by anyone for many years; it had a dusty smell.

At first, she was concerned that the air might not circulate well here, but it seemed that there were ventilation holes designed. Upon entering, breathing was unexpectedly smooth.

The passage wasn't large. The two of them quickly reached the lower level, which seemed to be some kind of cellar.

However, at this moment, there were only two boxes inside, and the place looked empty.

Jiang Junmo went straight to the boxes. He didn't plan to take them out, but he opened the smaller box on top.

The items revealed nearly dazzled Lu Xia's eyes with their sparkling golden light. On the top layer were jewelry pieces – jade bracelets, gemstone hairpins, pearl necklaces – and many more accessories made of gold.

Jiang Junmo removed the top layer of jewelry, revealing small yellow ingots beneath. She couldn't discern the exact number, but there seemed to be quite a few.

Lu Xia was shocked. "Didn't you say your grandfather's estate was squandered away?"

Jiang Junmo shook his head. "While most of it was squandered, a few things remained. After my grandfather passed away, my grandmother and mother didn't dare to flaunt their wealth as widows and orphans, so these things remained untouched."

He moved the small box aside, opened the larger box beneath, and revealed some larger items like porcelain, calligraphy, inkstones, and the like. She didn't understand these items, but given how discreetly they were stored, they were probably antiques.

"All of these were left by my grandmother for me. Even my sisters don't know about this cellar. My grandmother only brought me in here once when I was a child.

Only back then, I didn't know if these things were valuable. I simply saw them as a secret between me and my grandmother..."

Listening, Lu Xia fell silent. She couldn't help but admire the grandmother. A widow raising a daughter in such turbulent times must have been unimaginably difficult. Not only did she preserve the family's assets, but she also raised her child in good health. It must have been an incredible challenge.