01: Something Nice to Say

"If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything."

"Why?"

"Do you wanna die?"

"Mildly."

"Damn Spider Monkey you really need to get out of your head."

"And where? Up your ass."

"I know you're upset."

"Whatever."

"Gisele—"

"I told you not to call me that! I hate it!" I snapped it wasn't even my real name. My partner (platonic friendship) calls me that after the one single time, I played Gisele in ballet. He never let me live down my most embarrassing memory.

"Well, that's the name I'm introducing you as."

"Kill yourself."

"If you can't be nice, shut up!"

"I hate this."

"I know, it's only temporary maybe a year or two."

"If you say so Charlie— Charlie Charlie Charlie—"He nudges me roughly stopping me from repeating his code name over and over again.

"It's getting worse." I frown frustration leaking into my voice.

"Keeping your mouth shut will help with the echolalia."

"Yeah..."

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Task Force 141 waited impatiently for their new recruit. They have been actively on missions for a few months now. They are waiting for their new sniper; they said this one is good— they would be the judge of that. In the distance the sound of a helicopter lands, the new recruit is twenty minutes late, he's gonna get it from everyone.

The helicopter doors open and a tall man with dirty blonde hair steps out. He had a wicked smile and behind him was a girl. They frown, did the new recruit bring a barrack bunny? The girl picked up the sniper rifle and followed the man, talking. As they approached both fell silent.

"Recruit why did you bring a girl?" A man yells. The young man takes a step back hands in the air.

"She's the recruit," they all turn to her before laughing. A girl? A weak little girl? She's far too small to be on their team.

"Then who are you?" A new voice asked. It was the oldest man on the task force by the look of his aged face. The young man produced a letter and handed it over.

"An emotional support person? Really?" He huffed unimpressed. He gazed down at the girl who wasn't even looking at him. She stares at her shoes, more preoccupied by the dirt in the crease of her boots. It was pissing her off the dirt was everywhere.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

"Cadet look up!" I slowly look up trying my hardest not to glare at this old dog. My face fell still and not a single muscle moved. I stare into his eyes blankly and lifelessly. If he wanted my gaze, he'll get my fucking gaze.

Charlie nudges me again, "don't do that, that's aggressive," he nags. I blinked and the sense of hostility vanished. I return back to staring this time at his name tag.

"What's your name cadet?"

"Call her Gisele," Charlie spoke up for me.

"If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything." I had nothing nice to say. I had nothing nice to say. I had nothing nice to say. I had nothing nice to say— Stop that!