♡2 Recovery

Beep beep beep!

Beep beep beep!

I groan as my body is a rack in pain. I felt a whimper leave my lips. My eyes open to bright burning fluorescent lights shining down at me. I let out a pained strange groan.

"Ow..." I cry, raising an arm to cover my eyes.

Thud thud thud.

Flick.

The lights turn off and I open to see Ghost at the lights and König next to me. I look around and down at my left hand and the IV in my arm. "What happened?" I whisper.

"How are you feeling?" Ghost asks his voice smooth and collected. He had this calmness that reassuring calmness.

"Where's Charlie?" I sit up ignoring the pain in my back and torso. my left leg was throbbing in a dull pain, but I ignored it.

"Stay down Maus," König speaks up.

I swing my legs off the bed with a grunt stand and instantly fall as I move my weight to my left leg. I crash right into the burly form of König. He smelled warm and a little woody. I could smell sweat and explosions on him.

"Careful!" Ghost said loudly, "You lost your left leg."

"What?" I looked down and below my knee, my leg was gone.

My mind just stopped before it exploded and my fear consumed my heart, "Charlie!"

"Relax!"

"I need to see Charlie!"

"He's still unconscious just out of surgery his legs were blown off and he was heavily bleeding," My legs wobbled, and König fully held my entire weight. My face grew pale, and I felt like crying.

"It's going to be ok Maus," König said softly stroking my hair. He sits me down on my bed.

"He's stable," Ghost said. I nodded vacantly and stared at my leg.

"He saved my life," I barely utter.

"Of course he does, he loves you," König notes, and turns away his tone bitter.

"I don't want him to die for me..."

"Get some rest—" I open my mouth before closing it and nodding.

"...Mhm." Charlie had a massive headache, and his legs hurt like hell. His back stings as if a fire had scorched him. He slowly opens his eyes to a dark room.

"Hey man," He looks over to see Soap and Gaz standing around him, Roach pops his head in and waves.

"Where... Where's Gisele," Soap and Gaz groan reaching into their pocket and handing some money to Roach who looked very happy. "What was that?"

"Nothing, she's fine." Charlie nods and rests his head down.

"Mate," Gaz begins slowly, "Your legs."

"They're gone."

"What?"

"You lost your leg above the knees."

"And Gisele?" Charlie asks not giving a shit about his legs.

"She lost her left leg." Charlie's lip formed into a thin line, and he looked mad angry at himself for not getting her out Scott-free.

"Visitor hours end in twenty minutes." A nurse said popping her head in.

It was late that night I couldn't sleep, and I crawled out of bed. One thing I love about ballet is the balance I learn, especially on a single foot. Ghost told me Charlie was across the hall from me. I hopped my way to his room, silently opening his door and entering.