32: Time Crunch

Charlie stared at the terminal. The Russian winter caused a bad storm to rage outside. His plane ride back to England was delayed 5 hours. He stared down at his phone his music playing lowly. A few young teens from the look kept looking at him, and dressed in his military gear he stood out in the crowd. As a military, he was prioritized, he sighs closing his eyes to get a little rest.

His eyes open and he stands up taking his earbuds out. Something felt off, he looked around and found a few strange men looking at him. He gets up and walks to the bathroom. They look military to him. put his military bag onto the toilet and begin to remove his shoes.

Charlie knows what undercover people look like. All his teen years he absolutely can recognize undercover people. He quickly changed out of his military uniform and into his civilian clothes. He walked out all in black eyeliner and quickly applied. He left his bag in the surprisingly un-locked closet. He walked past the undercover people. He silently watched them— they had guns.

His handgun was also in his grip. He left casually and sat down at another terminal. Who's looking for him? Why are they looking for him? Something is wrong.

"Will Diego Gomez-Balam please come to Terminal G15," A woman's thick accented Russian said into the intercoms. He waited a few seconds before getting up and casually walking over.

"Yes?" Charlie leans forward.

"Sargent," he looks over to see a Russian military man waiting for him. "We have dire news."

"Y/N L/N has been mortally shot."

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

König Held onto the small woman, her body fell still small tremors were the only sign she was alive. The first shot would have clearly killed Gisele if it wasn't for her standing up at that moment. She missed the second one out of sheer luck.

The Colonel felt her blood bleed into his gloves. It's sickening just how warm her blood is. She had lost consciousness, König hoped to dear God she wouldn't die in that moment— in his arms.

He could tell through her strangeness she was brilliant in a way that had saved his life. Maybe he judged her wrong— either way, he be damned if she dies right when she became useful.

König rushes back to base, she needs first aid immediately. Behind him, the lieutenant was protecting their back. They got back to the small field camp the Russian military set up. König rushed in setting the small girl down. The field medic pounces immediately working to stabilize the poor girl.

For the first hour, the two men stood there, staring at the medical tent. König looks down at his hand it's soaked in her blood. He quietly removed his glove his callous hands coated in red. They were in silent shock; Gisele saw something, and she was almost killed for it.

By the second hour when the fear subsides, and their rationality sets in they begin to talk. Clearly, Gisele discovered something. It startled her, she caught onto something— what they didn't know.

"What do you think she saw?" Ghost asks.

"Whatever she saw, she had that suspicion for a while."

The Russian soldiers could not be trusted. Ghost decides to head back to see what she has seen whilst König will keep guard.

König peaked into the tent to find several medics working on her. She looks so small compared to the men. Well, anyone compared to him is short, but she was practically a child-sized.

He rubbed his hand against his pants trying to remove the red stain off his hands. He's used to blood— not squeamish or prudish man, but to have your comrade's blood on you— that is different. It's completely different.

Ghost came back.

"Look at this," Ghost hands over a patch. It was of a bird with a white head and black chin. "This is from the foxhole; I also saw this patch on one of the special forces."

"We have traitors," König states. Ghost nods and looks into the tent.

"She was right."

"I wonder how she knew," König said folding his arms.

"I believe she hyperventilates about people's eyes and being watched. She observes." Ghost stated the first time he met her she was always watching. She seems to be always in a sense of fight or flight.

The only time she isn't is when Charlie is around. He seems to be the only one she let her guard down. When he was around, she seemed to drop her guard.

Charlie is a strange man. Likable on the surface but he could tell he's being polite and respectful, but his true personality peeks through. He can tell Charlie is acting civil for the both of them, but that isn't who he is.

They found that missiles with too much ease. Ghost moved away ready to tell the Russian Colonel that there were traitors... but could their Colonel be trusted?

Before they could do anything, a medic walked out, blood covering his glove hands. "We stabilized her, but she needs to go to a hospital for further care." The medic said. Both men turn to each other and nod. That's good she can get away from the traitors.

They turn to see a medic walking out, "We stabilized her— but she still needs to go to the hospital."

Charlie sat in the military car leg bouncing up and down. His anxiety arises. The traffic has been bad, cars were stuck in the snow. He silently tapped his finger against his thighs. He knew the pit in his stomach made sense, he had a bad feeling about something.

He stared out of the window; the snow was falling down hard— if you gazed up you think you'll suffocate from the snow. He sighs and leans back his finger rapidly tapping his thighs. Charlie shifts position lifting his leg up and resting it on his knees. He just couldn't sit still.

The car pulled into the hospital.

He ran out, his bag in hand.

He didn't need to ask which room she was in, the two giant men waiting outside said it all. He stormed past them and stared at her medical chart.

"Flaca can you please put down your fries!"

"But—"

"Fries down! Please we're being recorded!"

"Fine..."

The memory hits him— he felt winded seeing her in that state. She looked so peaceful far different from the last time she was in a hospital. Last time— he couldn't bear to look at her injuries— the ones that were his fault. Though her injuries are far less damaging they were much more critical.

Charlie sighs and looks down at her.

The Monitor flatlined.

"God help me."

"Code blue!"