34: Garrick

Soap and Roach stood watch for me declining the Russian government's attempt to amend the situation. Horangi was dismissed his duty done, he didn't look happy but left. Soap and Roach took turns to watch over me. They were trying to get me dismissed from the hospital so they could fly me out.

A single week passed, and I was able to leave the hospital. We left the hospital and a man called Nikolai landed at the nearby base and we entered. In that skirmish with the assassins from the Konni group I reopened my thigh wound, and my chest bullet wound opened up too. It wasn't good but staying there is deadly.

We got a call from Laswell; She and Ghost's team were locating the Konni group's benefactor Milena Romanova, and they want Soap and Roach to Join them in case trouble occurs.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Days pass before I hear from anyone. It was from Alejandro and Laswell, He was casing all of Mexico and found a few cartels specifically the Jalisco Black Hand Cartel (JBH), and a few local gangs, that had connections to Makarov, and one that caught my attention: Sinaloa Riders, a notorious biker gang.

True fear grips my bone in that moment and sends a shiver down my spine. I close my eyes— the old sinister memories bubble up and infiltrate my quiet mind. Why Them? Of all the damn gangs the Sinaloa Riders? I feel myself spiraling.

I bit my tongue and kept quiet when Charlie got back, he was going to have a field day... His Opts are back. Alejandro hasn't found any signs of nuclear warheads. I nodded along to the report and kept quiet. I'll most likely explain this to everyone else.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

A week after Captain Price and Gaz landed covered in a thin layer of dirt and grime. They came into our given area, looking around for anyone else. I walked out of my room once I heard them stomping in.

"Where is everyone?" Price asks in a low gruff voice.

"They with Ghost hunting down Milena Romanova the Konni group's benefactor." They looked at me strangely. I explain how the Konni group infiltrated the Russian army and tried to kill me. I explained what Ghost's team was doing and caught them up with Alejandro's information.

"Damn," Gaz sighs, "we missed a lot."

"What happened on your side?" I ask him.

"We meet up with UFL. The rockets were aimed at Russia, Makarov is trying to spark up war." I nod along to Price's words.

"There was a scene with an airplane."

"What happened?"

"It crashed in Urzikstan border— We know it's Makarov's doing." I nod, I remember in my medicated I did watch something about an airplane accident.

"Alright, rest up," Price turns to me before picking up his equipment, "I'm going to get into contact with Ghost." I nod and Gaz waves me goodbye.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

"So," I look over to Gaz as he walks into my open-door room freshly showered. "How have you been?"

"Well, I did die twice," Gaz turned to me shocked as hell.

"What?"

"I got shot... twice." I casually explain, he sat down on the bed looking at me expectingly.

"I need the whole story."

"Well, the Russian army was infiltrated by the Konni group, they were trying to kill me. I almost died from blood loss... twice."

"I—" He looked baffled and out of any words he turned to me with wide shocked eyes. "You— Are you ok?"

"I mean, I guess," I state, what was I supposed to say? I'm, ok?

"You're not... traumatized?"

"Hardly." It wasn't traumatizing at all! Being shot is one of the less painful things I Experienced.

"... Does anything phase you?" He asks looking me up and down.

"Yeah... I'm not psychopathic."

"So... what phase you?"

"Roller coasters, I can't stand the overwhelming sensation."

"You don't crave it?" Gaz asks in shock.

"As someone who has little to no sensation naturally— it's like overdosing on drugs, powerful and deadly," I explain. I would like to like Roller coasters, but the sensation is suffocating— overwhelming and overstimulating.

"What do you mean little to no sensation?" Gaz asks as interest rises in him.

"Well, I can't identify my emotion it's called alexithymia, I also can't feel much. My strongest emotion is anger and frustration. I have severe anger issues..." My voice trails off and I fall into thought. I haven't been angry in a while... is it apathy? "All other emotions are dull and suppressed compared to my anger and frustration."

"So, your strongest emotion is Anger, but you also have alexithymia..."

"Anger is the one emotion I can identify with more ease than other." Gaz nods along in silence.

"Autism is fascinating," he spoke up after some time. "I read a little into it—"

"Were you looking up autism in Women or the feminine backgrounds?" I ask.

"Is there a difference?"

"Yes, because men and women are different so different neurodivergences are portrayed differently." Gaz nods along.

"Well, I'll be more specific on what I search." Gaz smiles genuinely willing to look into a disorder for his teammate.

"How did you join the task force?" I ask Gaz, my mind already on a different topic.

"Captain Price pulled me from my previous team."

"So... technically you were kidnapped?" Gaz broke out into a smile and a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, you can say that."

"Soap said you fell out of a helicopter..." I said scrutinizing his reaction, "Are you clumsy?"

"Ok, first of all, not my fault," He instantly gets defensive. I smile seeing him get upset over something so childish.

"Charlie said you were a delinquent in High school." Gaz shot back, when did Charlie say this?

"Yeah, I was."

"Not gonna explain?"

"Well Charlie was a real gangster, but in terms of school I was the biggest delinquent." I explain, "I was kicked out of my middle school twice and High school once." Gaz looked at me shocked and bewildered.

"Why?"

"I tend to pick fights," I told him honestly.

"Why?"

"I was frustrated."

"So, you lash out at others." I silently nod, my anger isn't just self-destruction it's also explosive and dangerous. I know hurting others is bad, but the ones I attack are usually bullies. I prefer to implode than explode, I prefer to self-destruct as an adult.

"Where you always like this?"

"No."

"What happened?"

"I turned twelve."