06: A Joke

I sigh and look behind me both Ghost and Soap decide to have you in their group. Alejandro and Charlie are another group. I sigh and peer over the wall to see a few guards. I look back at them, I don't want to talk, but we can't stay here forever.

"Gisele, Soap, go Left and I'll go right." Ghost gruffly whispers and begins to shuffle away. I turn to Soap and we both nod.

"Go back and let me take them out, look for Snipers." Soap instructs. I fall back and look through my scope and see a few. I quietly take aim and shoot the sniper down.

I look around and see a group of soldiers walking towards us. "Shit!" I whisper and fall back even more. I look over to see both of them not noticing the new arrivals. I look around and pull out a grenade. I threw it towards the forest. The sound pierced into the night.

A few broke off from the group to check it out, while the rest continued to walk towards us. I frown, they are still making their way towards Soap and Ghost. I fell back to the forest letting myself be seen and ran into the forest. I quickly jump into a tree and gaze down. My heartbeat violently beat against my chest as the anxiety in my stomach began to rise up.

I moved around the treetops and found a large tree where I could comfortably lie down and take a shooting position. I found one person trailing in the back, away from everyone else. I took the shot and he fell, my silencer helped shush the noise.

I hope both Soap and Ghost took this opportunity to sweep the building and find out if their target was there. I can take care of this crowd. I vanish higher into the tree and let out a systematic set of noise. The first sound was a scream that eerily sounded like mountain lions. I went in and out of screaming. I let it die down into a whistle, an eerie song to sink into their mind. I went silent and let the silence get into their minds.

"Gisele, where are you?" My comms turn on as Soap calls in. I stay silent and turn off my comms I can't let the noise distract me; I will find them afterward. I look down to see A few men gathering together. They were talking about me wondering where I disappeared. I drop down and drop a grenade next to them. I quickly switched trees and let the group to their fate. I saw both Soap and Ghost coming out of the building with the target in hand. I walk out of the forest and towards them. "Where were you?" Ghost asked a little annoyed. I turn and point to the forest.

"Your fast thinking gave us some time." Soap jumps in with a smile I give him a curt nod and look at the man they have in their grasp.

"Let's check with Alejandro."

"Alejandro."

"Ghost.

"We have the target let's meet up."

"Alright."

We regroup in an abandoned building. I walked up to Charlie and first bumped I'm. Both Alejandro and Charlie begin the interrogation of the Cartel leader. I stayed back with Soap as Ghost stood a little closer to the scene.

"You know, you didn't have to do that." Soap turns to me with a kind smile, "I know what you did was to draw the attention away from us." Soap pats me on the shoulder before giving it a squeeze.

"Next time let's work together, we rather not lose you in a forest." Soap jokes and walk closer.

I frown. Lose me in a forest, I am never lost. I do not get lost. I simply become my surroundings. I don't understand Soap one moment he's judging me and the next he's all buddy buddy to me, it's... two-faced. I slightly sneer and fold my arms, men are sometimes more confused them the body language women set to each other.