15: More Energy!

Roach Spend hours studying the new signs. It was simplistic and it kind of made sense to him. Well at least some of them, others made no sense. Watching Y/n and Charlie sign was fascinating. There is a two-hand signing they do but it's mostly one hand. The only time it went two-handed was when Y/n went too fast for Charlie to read.

'Why are all these signs so...'

"Inappropriate?" Charlie asks. Roach nods most of the base signs were curse words strung together to make a phrase one must interpret. "Well, she was 17 when she made it. We wanted it to be hard to understand and slightly offensive for those who try to understand."

'She's frustrated with me.' Roach signs.

"Yeah... She doesn't like change or new people, if she knew you were a part of the team at the start, probably have less hostility. It's not you, it's the idea of you." Roach had no idea how to accept that, it wasn't him per se, but it was still... him?

"Look what the cat dragged in—" Charlie dodged a hit in the face. Y/n looked like a hot mess.

'Suck dick!' She signs before shuffling off.

"Love you too," Charlie jokes.

'It's too early for this,' she signs a gain. Roach slightly smiled he could somewhat recognize what she was saying.

"it's 2 pm." She turns to him with the most judgmental look.

'Too. Early.'

"Did your insomnia kick you in the ass?" She nods and shuffles off to the kitchen. "Gonna make yourself some boba?"

"Fuck off!" Charlie stickers as she stumbles out of the barracks to the kitchen.

'Not a morning person?'

"She's an anything person. Sometimes her insomnia makes her stay up till 5 am and she can't go back to sleep other times it makes her sleepy at 5 am." Roach nods.

'Does she need coffee?'

"Coffee and Gisele don't mix well together." Charlie chuckles.

'Why?'

"Last time someone gave her coffee she bounced off the walls for 3 hours and then tried to murder someone," Charlie mumbles with a smile. "Also, Coffee is too bitter for her sensitive palate. She's a big baby when it comes to bitter stuff." Roach smiles, the two were very close from what he can see.

'Why do you call her Gisele?'

"Because I saw her for the first time when she was the main character in a ballet concert and fell in love with her pouty face." Charlie chuckles. "She hates it when I call her that but will make a bigger fuss over me calling her real name. I can't win."

'Do you have a crush on her?'

"Why do you want to know? Wanna ask her out?" Charlie turns to Roach with a sly smirk. The blonde in his hair is fading back to black— clearly, he dyed it for what reason was lost on Roach.

'No, I'm too old for her—'

"You can't be no older than 30—"

'27—'

"You're in her perfect age range. You're at least 5 years older, tall— you might have a chance with her—" Roach swatted Charlie in the arms making the younger male laugh. "I did— but now I don't think I can ever look at her without major judgment."

'Really?'

"Yeah— you got better at signing in only a few days."

'Really?'