✿ Forever

The sun is at the highest in the sky, it shows down harshly but it never seems to bother me. The rhythmic sound of the wave crashing down on the sandy beach. I was alone on an endless stretch of beach. I walked down the beach for what felt like an eternity forever and ever was the beach.

I walk into the ocean the smell of the salt and the cool water rolled into my face. I breathe it in and let out a sigh, the only sound I hear is the waves. The only footprint in the sands was mine.

It was cloudless in the sky the sun never set. I sat in the shallow waters feeling the cool water lap at my thighs and into my lap. I let the sun kiss my skin and the winds sing the song of freedom.

I lay in the shallow end my hair getting damp with every incoming wave. I let out a long sigh feeling the sensation of the water. I have never felt so... light.

A shadow falls on me.

I open my eyes.

Charlie.

"Y/N," my brother said sweetly crouching down in front of me. In street clothes like a skater, he looks down at me. He didn't look older than sixteen. "Look at you, so beautiful." He smiles. Tears pool in my eyes and fall down my face.

"Charlie," I said softly. I sit up my hair full of water and heavy. He sat down next to me in the water. His street clothes changed to swim trunks. "I have so much to tell you."

"What have you done?" He asks. I lean against him and for a moment I was twelve again, next to the safest person in the world.

"I got Diego off the street." He wraps his arms around me.

"I know."

"I couldn't avenge you."

"That's fine," he smiles sweetly.

"Charlie... Do you hate how I replace you?" His smile drops and he looks away.

"No, but I think you need to let me go."

"Are you in heaven?" He didn't answer.

"Where am I?"

"Purgatory." I nod and I look at him. He turns to me places a kiss on my forehead and whispers something. "I am immensely proud of you." He whispers pushing my hair back.

"All soldiers who killed go to Purgatory. That means you and Diego. I get one chance to say goodbye." He leans his forehead against mine. "Diego loves you from the bottom of his heart."

"Where is he?" I ask he looks behind us.

"You walked quite far from the spawn point, he's following your footprint." He stands up his clothes going back to streetwear. "Take care Y/N."

"I don't want to lose you again."

"Maybe in another thousand years I can come and visit, would you like that?"

"Yes."

He nods to me and vanishes.

I look at my footprint in the far distance I see a staggering figure. My heart jumps and I get up running towards the figure. I felt like I ran for hours this beach is straight and long.

"Diego!" I scream, the figure looks up, covered in blood and he looks exhausted. I crash into his arms the blood sticking to my skin.

"Flaca."

"Where were you?"

"Hell... Apparently killing four people sends you to hell." I laugh at his joking nature as he holds me tight. "What about you? stuck on this endless nice beach?"