21: Targeted

The Helicopter is loud and nosy, it's been a few days since the pub hangout. Somehow roach found a website where I could Buy my cockroaches and edible tarantulas. From his computer, you had to order everything you needed. Soap checked in with Price and we will be coming back to this specific base. We're doing a long game here.

The only person who truly knew just how petty I could be was Charlie and even then, he hasn't seen the extent of it in person only from what I've told him and from what others told him. Either way, they will see why they don't want to fuck with me. I spent most of my time next to one of the sergeants. It was easier to avoid the giant man when I was with them. Their hostility said enough for me.

I had my soundproof headphones on, listening to my crime podcast. I know if Charlie or anyone else heard what I was listening to to prepare myself for the mission would call me psychotic or insane, but the smoothness of the narrator's voice seems to soothe my soul.

I was unfortunately sat next to Horangi, but he seemed to mind his own business. He was far easier to digest. He kept to himself, maybe communicating with Gaz or Soap— Oddly polite. He kept to himself and the colonel.

I look over to my left to find Charlie sitting there quietly talking to Soap and Gaz. He continues to sign so Roach from the other side of the helicopter (sitting next to Ghost) could be involved in their conversation.

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

"Hey," I stir slightly feeling the pressure around my head being lifted up, "We're here," It was an accent I didn't know. My eyes shot open, and I frantically looked around. My quick movement must have startled him, I look up to find Horangi looking at his body still.

"Ok," I mumble ribbing my eyes and getting up from my seat. Why didn't Charlie wake me up? I look to my left— nothing. I blink at the empty seat before the realization hits me, I must have fallen asleep on Horangi.

"Did I fall asleep on you?" I mumble. He gives me a slight nod and I continue to walk off. How embarrassing, how fucking embarrassing.

The cooler climate was nice. It was painfully hot in Mexico. I won't lie I hate the summer; I cannot regulate or get past the humidity. A slight chill runs down your spine before you feel a hop in your steps as you approach Charlie.

"You!" I froze and looked to the side to see König standing up. He lumbers forward trying to... intimidate? Was he trying to intimidate? His shoulders stiffened and he loomed over me. I stared into his eyes.

"Yes?" I said calmly, I could tell he was off-putted by my casual fearless reaction. Intimidation doesn't work on me, Intimidation used to work on me, it was the fear of interacting with others. But through pain and the absolute breakdown of my identity, I was able to reforge a vengeful bitch. Nothing is breaking this wall of mine.

"You need something, colonel?" I can see the prideful gaze as I say his rank. I hide my growing smirk. I don't say one's rank is a sign of fear, no I say it to show them I know, and when I disrespect you— I mean it in the cruelest of ways.

"Go pick up those boxes, we need them moved." He said folding his arms.

"Ok, anything else?" I lean in my eyes staring coldly into his. I

"What's going on here," I hear Charlie ask as his hands fall heavily onto my head pushing my head down. It's probably for the best, I could feel myself glaring at him.

"He needs help moving boxes," I tell Charlie. I see a flash of a smirk on Charlie's face, on the other hand, König seems to experience a slight aneurysm.