07: Mimic

Price and Gaz came back by the weekend. To a barrack of laughter and smiles. It seems like Soap and Charlie grew much closer together. Price found the two playing ping-pong.

"Old man I ain't losing!"

"Look here brat—" Soap begins a little irritated by Charlie's comment. Charlie smirked and took a page out of my book. Tilt your opponent until they mess up greatly. I sat next to Gaz who was watching on with a full smile.

"Look here tomate, you're going down!"

"Alejandro, how do you deal with his attitude?"

"Simple, you play along," Alejandro cheers.

Soap frowns and glares at the ping-pong ball. He overhit the ball and Charlie took the opportunity to take a shot Soap would miss the ball. I smile and look at Soap who looks a little frazzled.

"Alright, kid you got talent."

"It's all thanks to Gisele." Charlie took a deep dramatic bow toward me, I rolled my eyes and looked back at my phone.

"How so?"

"Haven't you worked with her?" Soap looked a little confused. Everyone looks confused. "She makes people lose their cool, and they mess up." I let out a high-pitched cackle before clasping my hand over my mouth.

"I did not expect you to laugh at that."

'It's funny.'

"Yeah..." Charlie rolls his eyes.

"Sir, did you hear about Gisele's little nickname?" Soap looks over to Price. The older man looks up cigar in his mouth. He shook his head no. Soap then inform both Gaz and Price of my la araña codename. Price turns to me with a wide smirk.

"I didn't think you had it in you." I roll my eyes.

"It's half a joke and the other half is true." Charlie jumps in, it was true la araña was a joke but I did earn that name. I was an assassin who took out high-ranking cartel leaders.

"So, is that why you advocated for her?" Price turns to Alejandro who nods.

"Sí, Gisele was very talented, and I couldn't keep her tactics out of my mind. She was able to drastically shorten a mission with her tactics." Alejandro explains, "When I heard you are looking for a sniper, she was my top pick." He flashes me a smile and I nod back.

"Laswell took her in because of another tale." I look up and sign oh boy I think I know what he's talking about. Charlie turns to me a little confused.

"For a single week," Charlie nods in realization and turns to me with a smirk. He loves this damn story. "You took out an entire militia unit on your own." Everyone turned to me in shock. Even Ghost looked over his eyes portraying his shock.

"When was this?" Alejandro asked shocked by this new information.

"Right after we worked with you," Charlie spoke up eating his cold breakfast he abandoned to play ping-pong. "She got separated from her main unit and found a small group of 25 militiamen and for what... a week she slowly stocked them and took them out. From what she told me she drove them mad." Charlie gives a rundown with none of his usual storytelling quirks.

"Is that it?" Soap jumps to his feet a little disappointed by the lack of luster storytelling.

"Hey, it's classified and she only gives me the brief run-through." Soap nods but is still a little disappointed that he couldn't get the juicy tale of Gisele's strange military history.

"So that's why you picked her," Charlie states looking at Price.

"I didn't expect you to be so hardcore." Soap smiles at me. I nod, Hardcore, I wouldn't consider myself that. I'm just a terrorizer who likes watching people's lives fall apart. It's cruel, but I like causing problems, problems I can simply walk away from.

"Laswell picked a good one," Price gruffly chuckles and goes back to enjoying his cigar.

"Gisele is a nickname, right?" Soap turns to me and I nod.

"What's your real name?"

"Y/N" Charlie replies for me.

"Why are you always talking for her?" Ghost finally spoke up. He didn't like Charlie, but he completely found Gisele annoying.

"Because she can be a bitch." I slightly nod, I can be one and I like to be pretty annoying when I'm miserable.

"You're babying her," Ghost retorts.

"Gisele, do you feel like I'm babying you?" Charlie asked me, I shook my head no. "See."

"She should speak for herself."

"I agree," Gaz spoke up. He still didn't think Gisele was cool, she was... too hyped up. I sigh stand up and begin to walk away, I stop before I leave the room and turn to them.

"You're not worthy for me to speak to you," I state before leaving the room.

The room was left silent. Her voice was so soft and kind. It sounded almost angelic. It pissed Ghost off. She spoke mad shit and here she can't even back it up. He has to admit her skills are good, but she's poor at cooperation and communication. He didn't care for Charlie much, another Soap but with fewer skills.

"She has a lot of attitude," Gaz states in an annoyed tone.

"Hey, lay off mate, she's a good kid."

"She's a good soldier, not a nice person," Charlie corrected Soap with a knowing smile.

"Really?"

"She's cruel and a brat, that's just who she is... She's like an Asian parent, argues with you then comes around later asking if you're hungry."

"That is oddly specific."

"Yup, she does it all the time with me, but I would trust my entire existence in her hands."

"Why?" Ghost asked.

"Because she would actually die for her comrades, If she vanishes and takes an entire mob with her, she's prepared to die doing it." Silence fell between Soap and Ghost; she ran off that night. They thought she lost courage turns out she was prepared for death.

"How do you deal with her... personality?" Gaz spoke up.

"You don't take anything she says seriously. She can't really tell if anyone is joking or being disrespectful to her, so she takes everything as disrespect. She doesn't care if you talk shit about her, but she will talk shit back and it's always personal." Charlie begins, "it's easy to anger her, but to know that is to know sign language because she talks shit all the time."

"So... She's a brat?"

"She's just used to people already judging her for being one a woman, two on the spectrum, and three just being different. She's not used to people accepting her as her."

"Don't you—"

"No, I judge her all the time, not for those reasons but for the shit she does and say. I judge and I think that helps in our relationship because if I just accept it all she be very unsettled by that."

"So... she's used to being bullied." Soap states trying to grasp the situation.

"She's used to fighting people physically and verbally."

"Oh... So, she's overreacting?"

"Yeah, I told her if she got nothing nice to say don't say anything... She took that very to heart."

"... What is she 5?" Gaz asks, she's being a full-on brat.

"She also doesn't speak so she doesn't start repeating herself."

"That's the echolalia, right?" Soap asked. Charlie nods and sighs.

"I can make fun of her for her echolalia but if anyone else does it doesn't end well. I know what can be laughed at and what can't. You guys don't know that. It's very frustrating for her to be stuck repeating herself and she knows others get irrationally angry at her for not being able to control herself."

"I get that part," Gaz states, he probably wouldn't want to speak if he repeated everything.

"She can also repeat things you say in your accent and tonality, it's kinda creepy... especially when she starts sounding like your mom..." Charlie sighs remembering that one argument that gave him a Vietnam flashback to his angry Mexican mother.

"She can repeat us?"