A Perfect Weapon

While gripping Thereya's hand and dragging her to the courtroom, sweat started to appear on Criston's forehead.

Maids and servants moved out of the way as well as the guards while two brown-haired little boys Jacaerys and Lucerys peaked their heads out of their chambers to take a look at the fuss that was going on.

Thereya kept quiet knowing that this was going to be a victory in her name. All she had to do was be recognized by the King and Queen as Daemon's real daughter and not a bastard.

Cole entered the courtroom without even knocking. Alicent jumped up at her feet as she was startled by that interaction.

"For the seven's sake, Ser Cole I told you not to storm into-" But Alicent stopped herself as she saw the girl beside him and the look on his face.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Alicent shook her head wide-eyed at the sight of an unknown girl standing there.

"My Queen..." Thereya bowed her head slightly and then looked her in the eye again. "My name is Thereya Targaryen. I'm the daughter of The Rogue Prince, Daemon Targaryen. I came seeking for what was taken away from me and what's rightfully mine..." Thereya said with her eyebrows curling up as she spoke.

Alicent was left stunned at what she heard, the girl can be killed for such a vile accusation against Prince Daemon. Then she scoffed. "If even what you say is true... What do you think is rightfully yours? Bastards don't have rights. Now and never." Alicent looked at the floor.

"I'm not a bastard. My mother was the Khaleesi of Dothraki. Her name was Thirli. Daemon married her and kept their marriage a secret while hoping to get an heir so he could be a better heir to the throne than Rhaenyra or Aegon. But he thought she was infertile, and decided to leave her for his niece... Rhaenyra Targaryen..." Thereya said softly with bitterness in her eyes as she continued talking.

"He promised her everything from North to Dorne. But he broke his oath and left her alone. She got sick and was left alone to die by her people. But she lived and she was very much not infertile as my greedy father thought. Her sickness caught up to her a few weeks ago." Thereya looked at both Alicent and Cole.

They were looking at the floor stern and shocked for a few moments. Then Alicent raised her head and looked Cole in the eyes, he returned the gaze as well and a cruel smile formed in the corner of Alicent's lips.

"I believe you my child... You are one of the rare great things that happened in this house recently. I want you to be aware of that... I'm sorry about your mother." Alicent clasped her hands together while looking down at the floor.

Cole returned the cruel smile to Alicent as he put a comforting hand on Thereya's shoulder. For a very long time, both Alicent and Cole suffered from Daemon's actions and now finally they found a perfect weapon.

"You don't need to be sorry your Grace. A Khaleesi had to die for a Queen to be born." Thereya said softly.

"Do you have anything to prove that what you are saying is true? I don't think that my and Ser Cole's beliefs are enough to get you where you want to be... Where you deserve to be." Alicent asked.

Thereya wore a ring around her neck as a necklace. She took it off and handed it to Alicent. "It was my mother's," Thereya said.

"Valyrian steel... Well, Prince Daemon will be sharply questioned. I will make sure to read the King for this. I hope his toys can wait." Alicent mumbled as she looked at the ring with a carved dragon that had a sapphire stone as a dragon eye and words "dōrī morghūljagon persons (never dying fire)"
carved in high valyrian.

Alicent gave Thereya her ring back and she put it back around her neck since due to her being still very young the ring was too big for her finger.

Cole looked at Alicent trying to get the smile off his face as he scoffed and rolled his tongue inside his mouth. "We will find you a safe chamber until all this is solved." He said turning towards Thereya and motioning to the door with his hand.

Thereya walked outside with Cole and Alicent right behind them. But then Alicent noticed Thereya stopped outside the door looking at the other side of the hall, and when sh3 walked out as well she was Rhaenyra standing in the hall looking confused and rather worried.

"What is the meaning of this?" Rhaenyra shook her head while looking at the silver-haired girl standing in front of her.

"I'm afraid that at this moment it's none of your concerns princess," Alicent said as she smiled for a second then clasped her hands together and looked away. "You will be called to court when the time is right." She added while moving away from Rhaenyra while holding Thereya's shoulders and rubbing them gently as they walked with Ser Cole down the hall.

"That is-" Thereya spoke while looking back at Rhaenyra and her red silky dress with sadness in her eyes, but she was cut off by Ser Cole. "Princess Rhaenyra. You should not be bothered by that... that excuse of a Targaryen."

Alicent gave Cole a sharp and stern look. "My apologies..." Cole stopped and bowed his head slightly then continued walking as he turned around to get one last glip of Rhaenyra before looking away with disgust on his face as he scoffed.

"Gods be merciful." Rhaenyra sighed as she put a hand on her forehead and then rubbed her palms to the sides of her dress while still having that same worried expression on her face.

It was clear that the girl was a Targaryen, but how did she end up here? Is she a bastard? Who is she and what is she here for? Rhaenyra kept asking herself while praying to any of the Gods that could hear her that she was not Daemon's and that he didn't lie to her and deceive her. That he stood true to her side and that all he told her was true.

Rhaenyra kept praying. Although her prayers were not answered.