My Sweet Sisters

It took them some time and quite a lot of scrubbing, but they managed to finish washing clothes. Jace asked, "What now? Do we take them back inside and hand them to the maids?" as he put the wet clothes back in the basket.

"We will hang them in my room near the window to dry," Thereya replied, taking the basket. "Let me," Jace said as he took the basket in his hands and carried it for Thereya. She smiled at him and let him take it, feeling like she had taught him to be less prideful than he usually is.

"So tell me, brother... What about my sisters? Who even are they?" Thereya asked as they walked back towards her chambers, leaving a trace of sand behind them.

"Why are you allowing yourself to be bothered about that?" Jace's mouth slowly curled up in a little smirk, knowing that even though she pretended like she was not bothered by this whole situation, she very much was.

"I am not bothered. It's not every day that you learn that you have two sisters somewhere across the sea. Just answer it, you owe me for defending you anyway, or should I tell Rhaenyra that you were the one to start that fight with Aegon? Hm?" Thereya replied slyly with a grin on her face.

"Fine," Jace rolled his eyes with a sigh as he started speaking. "Daemon was wed to Princess Laena Velaryon. They had two daughters, Baela and Rhaena. But Princess Laena had a difficult pregnancy and she passed. Since then, Daemon has been all around them. He loves them," Jace said with a somewhat sad and quiet tone.

Thereya scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. "Yes... Of course, he loves his wife and daughters..." She said sarcastically. Jace realized how stupid he sounded saying that and he wanted to say something more and explain his intentions.

"Don't bother..." Thereya said, raising her hand to stop him, as she continued walking. They walked past the courtyard and saw Baela and Rhaena with little Luke.

Baela was sitting down next to the pillar, and Rhaena was jumping around, entertaining little Luke as they played tag and ran around. Baela started clapping and laughing at the sight, but as soon as Thereya and Jace walked past the courtyard, they all stopped doing whatever they were doing and raised their heads to look at Thereya passing by.

Thereya quickly looked away and sped up, but Baela stood up quickly and called after Thereya, "Princess...We wished to introduce ourselves, it would be proper." Baela forced an awkward smile, and Rhaena moved next to Baela as they walked towards Thereya.

They both bowed slightly. "My name is Baela of the House Targaryen... And this is my sister..." Baela said, pointing at Rhaena. "Rhaena... Rhaena Targaryen," Rhaena said and smiled slightly. "Thereya..." She said as she forced a small smile when she finally met her sisters, but then she remembered the way Daemon ran out to greet them when they arrived, and her face turned colder again as she spoke, "Thereya of the house Targaryen, daughter of the Khaleesi and Lady of Dorne, first child of Daemon Targaryen the Rogue Prince..."

Rhaena and Baela both avoided meeting Thereya's gaze. There was an uncomfortable silence, and Jace looked away in discomfort, but then Thereya's face lit up again as she smiled warmly. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you...Dear sisters..." She said softly through her warm smile, taking Baela's hand in hers and looking her in the eyes.

"Do you wish to join us? We were about to hang the clothes. I have never done that before, it's rather very entertaining actually." Jace smiled awkwardly, making sure there wouldn't be any more of that uncomfortable silence.

Baela and Rhaena looked at each other with a puzzled and surprised look, but then they both nodded and agreed. "Yes...We...Would love to?" They came along with Jace and Thereya. "I want to come too!" Luke pulled onto Thereya's clothes, and she took his hand and brought him with them.

They spent hours in Thereya's chambers, hanging clothes, and afterward, just staying in. Helaena joined them shortly after, and they gossiped together and told stories. "I heard Aegon is such a twat, slept with a Lannister lady at the funeral of her mother," Rhaena said with a laugh. "Rhaena!" Baela pushed Rhaena with her elbow, and they all just started laughing harder.

Helaena covered her ears with an upset and disgusted look. "That is my brother..." Sweet innocent Helaena said, which made Thereya laugh even harder as she leaned her forehead on Helaena's shoulder. Luke was laughing with them even though he was too young to understand what they meant; he just laughed along.

"You all know that Thereya broke his nose recently?" Jace chuckled at the memory. Baela's and Rhaena's jaws were wide open in shock and surprise before they started laughing again.

"Well, good luck to the three of you because I am not in that game. I would rather die than allow myself to be a broodmare," Thereya said with a smile, shaking her head in denial.

"It's not up to you to choose," Baela said, and Helaena nodded in agreement. "As blood of the dragon, who else should choose if not me?" Thereya scoffed.

"I wish it were different, but the reality is that none of us will marry for love," Rhaena said, shrugging her shoulders.

Thereya didn't want to argue any longer, so she let the matter drop, knowing there was no point in trying to make a blind man see.

Shortly after, their fun and gossip was interrupted by a knock on Thereya's chamber door. They all fell silent and looked at each other, then at the door as it slowly creaked open.