From The Fire She Was Born

The rhythmic sounds of waves and the gentle creaking of the ship greeted Thereya as she slowly stirred from unconsciousness. Sunlight streamed through the cracks, casting warm rays on the confined space. With a groan, she brought a hand to her head, feeling the dull ache that pulsed through her skull.

As Thereya sat up, the ship's movement beneath her became apparent, and the realization of her surroundings settled in. The salty air mingled with the lingering scent of the sea, and she found herself in a confined space, uncertain of how she had arrived or what awaited her beyond the wooden walls. The journey, once promising hope, had taken an ominous turn, and the princess now faced the uncertainty of her circumstances on this ship bound for destinations unknown.

As Thereya adjusted to the dim light filtering through the cracks, the contours of her surroundings became clearer. The confined space she found herself in was not just any part of the ship; it was a cell. The realization hit her like a wave, bringing a surge of apprehension.

The air in the cell felt stagnant, and the only sounds were the distant echoes of the ship's movements and the occasional lapping of waves against the hull. Thereya's eyes scanned the wooden enclosure, searching for any signs of an exit or clues about her captors. The salty sea breeze that once promised freedom now carried an undertone of captivity.

She suddenly felt an unexpected weight on her. Turning with a mix of relief and irritation, she discovered Aegon deeply asleep, his leg casually draped over her. Relief washed over her at the sight of him alive, but annoyance quickly followed as she found herself entangled in an unintentional embrace.

"You!-" Thereya exclaimed, her voice a hushed combination of frustration and disbelief. Aegon, oblivious to the commotion he had caused, continued to sleep soundly, his leg serving as an unwitting barrier to her freedom of movement.

Fueled by frustration, Thereya wasted no time. With determined resolve, she reached down and unceremoniously yanked off Aegon's boot. Gripping it firmly, she began smacking him with it, the blows landing with a series of indignant thuds.

"How could you sleep at a time like this?! You little shit!" Thereya shouted, her anger echoing in the confined space. The rhythmic smacks of the boot against Aegon served as a percussive backdrop to her tirade.

Startled from his slumber by the stinging sensation of the boot strikes, Aegon jolted awake with a yelp. "Ouch! What in the Seven Hells!?" he exclaimed, attempting to shield himself and wrest the boot from Thereya's grasp.

As he fumbled to reclaim his stolen footwear, Aegon couldn't resist making unnecessary comments with a smirk, knowing full well it would only escalate the situation. "Well, if I knew you were into that kind of wake-up call, Princess, I might have slept even more soundly," he quipped, a mischievous glint in his eyes, fully aware that his words were likely to further fuel Thereya's already palpable irritation.

Frustration etched across her face, Thereya paused, taking a moment to angrily sweep the strands of hair from her eyes. Standing up with a determined resolve, she grabbed the boot and hurled it at Aegon with an exasperated force. The clang of the boot against the bars punctuated her growing irritation.

Storming over to the cell's bars, Thereya's hands gripped the cold metal as she tried to shake them and, futilely, even attempted to rip them off. The frustration in her voice echoed through the cramped space as she turned her ire toward Aegon. "You got me into this cell, now you need to get me out of it!" she demanded, her eyes flashing with a fiery determination. The confines of the cell couldn't contain the intensity of her desire for freedom, nor could they hide the palpable tension between the two captives.

Aegon, still seated with a skeptical expression, looked at Thereya like she was the one in need of a reality check. "There's no way out unless they let us go themselves," he stated matter-of-factly.