The Flight

It was scary when she thought about it, he father was the most feared man, and she was his least favorite daughter.

If she could change the very blood that flows through her veins she would, but she would never give up Thirlis blood, she wished her hair was like raven feathers, so she could be free from the curse called Daemon Targaryen.

But then again, she couldn't leave now, she couldn't leave Helaena, her sister Baela... Or Aegon.

Thereya even grew fond of her brothers-in-law, Jace and Luke. But she never called them that, she would always simply say they were her brothers, without further explaining.

The same went for Baela and Rhaena, they were never her half-sisters, they were her sisters.

She couldn't take it anymore, her earlier encounter with Daemon haunted her mind like a silhouette, and it haunted her because, for the first time, she felt good about him, for a split second she didn't hate him. That scared her, that terrified her. Because if she could wish for anything in this world she would wish to hate him. But she couldn't... And she never knew why.

In the end, I guess a dog will always come back to its owner...

As thoughts of Daemon and this cursed family consumed her, she felt a suffocating weight pressing down like an overwhelming tide threatening to drown her. Unable to bear it any longer, she rose from her seat, driven by an invisible force drawing her towards the dragon pit.

That was her only escape. Feeling overwhelmed by everything, Thereya decided she needed a visit with Drakus. Talking to her had a kind of comfort, she couldn't talk back, and that was okay. She didn't understand her words, but she listened in her way. And right now, all Thereya needed was someone...or in this case, something, to listen.

As she entered the dragon pit her footsteps echoed against the stone floor. Her gaze shot up at the high ceiling of the dragon pit almost immediately. As Thereya looks up, her eyes catch Drakus soaring around. A small smile tugs at her lips as she watches her dragon.

It took some time for Drakus to notice Thereya, but when she did she screeched and flew down to her.

"Looks like someone has missed me..." Thereya said as Drakus landed in front of her, stretching her wings.

Thereya let out a sigh and walked over to the barrels with meat. Drakus turns her gaze towards Thereya and tilts her head curiously. With a piece of meat in her hand, Thereya offered it to Drakus, who eagerly accepted. As she munched on the meat, Thereya settled down beside her dragon as she found comfort in the simple act of sharing a moment and a meal with her loyal friend.

"Never betray me..." Thereya said while looking down at Drakus who was eating.

She moved her head and stared at the wall across the pit, "Once we both grow we will fly to the end of the world together... Or we will hide behind the moon... Where no one can find us..."

Sitting beside Drakus, Thereya lets out a heavy sigh. A conflicted expression crosses her face as she murmurs, "But I can't leave them, can I?"

Her eyes wandered to the dark ceiling, the distant thought of running and hiding was still hunting her mind. Yet, deep down, she knows it's just that... a distant thought.

Her love for her family ties her down, and escaping is not an option she could even think of. Amid her turmoil, she utters, "This world needs mercy..."

Suddenly, a voice pierces the air from behind, "This world doesn't need mercy, it needs cleansing."

Thereya startles and swiftly turns around to find Aegon standing there, a bottle of wine clutched in his hands. The weight of his words hung in the air, they were sharp like a dagger.