Liars Always Win

"It does not matter now. I did what I did, and I do not wish to take it back. It felt quite good. But... I will have to face the consequences for it now..." Thereya said with a rather annoyed tone as they entered the throne room with Helaena making sure that she closed the door behind Jace.

She sat under the throne on the stone stairs and held her head in her hands. Jace didn't know what to say. Aegon had a broken nose and Thereya had no evidence to prove that he tried to kill her. He was the king's oldest son and Daemon had been searching for the reason to get rid of her. To get her out of the castle, and now he had a chance to do so.

In the meantime, Rhaenyra and Daemon were in bed together, while Nyra stood up and started dressing herself Daemon didn't bother to do so himself. "I can't believe you did it," Daemon said angrily, while Rhaenyra was putting on her dress, she had a look of discomfort on her face even though she wasn't even looking at Daemon. "You know that she is only a bother to me... Then you go and make her dreams come true and give her-" Daemon didn't get to finish his sentence and Rhaenyra cut him off. "The egg is not right..." She said with guilt in her voice as she admitted. Daemon sat up. "What do you mean?"

"I meant what I said! The egg will never hatch... It's not right... It's old... It didn't hatch since I was a girl. Dremfyre did not have another clutch of eggs." Rhaenyra said turning her voice up as she turned around to look at Daemon with watery eyes. But Daemon started smiling when he realized that Rhaenyra started playing their game and stayed loyal to him. "Why do you give me such a look?" He asked. "Because it is wrong!" She said sharply. "Wrong?" Daemon scoffed before reaching for Rhaenyra's arm and pulling her to sit down on the bed next to him. "She is now in the hands of that treasonous whore and that low-life cunt of a knight." He kissed her forehead and she exhaled.

"She can not be trusted. Especially not with such a bloodthirsty beast. Thereya wasn't born as one of us. She's a savage. Like a little animal. You just saved us all Rhaenyra... Who knows? Maybe you just stopped a war that would have happened in Gods know how many years." Daemon said while running his fingers through her hair. "And now all we have to do is... See an opportunity to... You know... Get rid of her..." He said nonchalantly. "She's a girl... She's fourteen..." Rhaenyra said at the thought of killing a young girl. "Well... All of the traitors and murderers were once little girls and boys..." Daemon said.

Rhaenyra was quiet for some time then she spoke firmly. "It is not so easy to erase the mistakes we stayed silent about?"

Daemon's face washed with anger and he grabbed Rhaenyra by her neck. She quickly put her hands over his and whimpered. Lucky for Rhaenyra a knock was heard then the door opened. Daemon let go of her and looked towards the door as she rubbed her neck. "Princess... " Alicent said as she entered the chambers. "There was an incident..." She confronted Rhaenyra. "What did Jace do?" Rhaenyra stood up quickly. "It wasn't Jace... It was Thereya... And Aegon..." Alicent said looking rather frustrated.

Daemon rolled his eyes and then shouted at Alicent in annoyance. "How badly is she harmed?"

"No harm came to her... It was my son who was attacked... His nose is broken..." Both Rhaenyra and Daemon were shocked to hear such a thing as they both looked at each other. "Are you certain?" Rhaenyra asked still in disbelief.

"My son is sitting at the master's... Bleeding... And you ask me am I certain!?" Alicent asked in frustration.

"Thereya is a girl... Certainly smaller than Aegon..." Rhaenyra said. "I am aware of that..." Alicent was quick to reply. "Is he still talking?" Damon asked with annoyance.

"He is. The broken nose was the biggest damage done." Alicent said as she looked at the floor and then at Daemon. "Then she didn't hit him hard enough," Daemon said mockingly with arrogance. Alicent then replied as she rolled her tongue against her cheek. "The King will hear of this." Alicent nodded and left quickly.