A Gift Of Guilt

Thereya was still sitting on the oak wooden table as the candlelight danced on the walls. She wasn't talking, she was waiting for Aegon to speak first but it seemed like he was avoiding that.

Aegon walked slowly around her chambers taking in every detail carefully. He walked behind her, took the bag that was on the table, and took out a few pieces of sea glass and a few sea shells. Aegon scoffed and a grin spread across his face as he moved the sea glass and sea shells around his hand with his thumb.

"So this is what you and Helaena were after... I don't see the meaning of this..." He said as he tossed the bag away on the other side of the table.

"It doesn't surprise me," Thereya replied statistically. Aegon walked in front of her to the other part of her chambers, she wasn't turning her head around to look at him but she was following his every movement with those blue eyes of her.

As Aegon was looking at the bookshelf in the corner of her chambers, with the corner of his eyes he took a look at her bruised ribs. Her skin shined like gold in the candlelight, it was hard for Aegon not to take a look when all that was covering her small breasts were a few bandages a maester wrapped around her ribcage, but as she looked at his violet eyes he looked back at the bookshelf and cleared his throat before speaking.

"My mother made me come and apologize for as she says 'nearly getting you killed'..." He said with annoyance while now looking everywhere but at her. "You still listen to everything your mother tells you?" Thereya said with a mock pity face curling her bottom lip. That annoyed Aegon very much and he took a second to think about how to reply to that.

"At least I have one to listen to..." Aegon returned the arrogance as he smirked at himself while saying it. "A fair one cousin.." Thereya said glaring at him and nodding her head. There was dead silence again before Aegon spoke up again."What do you think you will achieve by doing this?" Aegon asked while looking away disappointed as he shook his head.

"By doing what?" Thereya asked with a puzzled look. Aegon leaned his back on the wall across her and crossed his arms as he spoke. "Coming here after thirteen years. Heating a possible war between my mother and my half-sister. We did not need this... We did not need you..." He said while looking at the floor in front of her boots.

"I came to avenge the broken oath that was sworn to my mother. To take back what has been stolen from us since I was still a babe." She replied moving her eyes to the floor as well. "You are an idiot for wanting a dragon over the iron throne..." Aegon said with disgust and Thereya chuckled in response.

"What? What is so funny to you? It's sad, not funny." He said with the same look on his face. "And who do you think put us on that throne?... Dragons did. Without them, we would be a nobody." Thereya replied still smiling.

Aegon was silent, he didn't want to say anything back because he knew that she was right, but Aegon could never admit that. "Perhaps you shouldn't leave then Princess..." Aegon said with a smirk appearing again on his face as he moved off the wall and started slowly walking towards Thereya who was still sitting on the wooden table. There was maybe another way of getting his cousin to like him more, Aegon thought.

"After all... You are not so unpleasant to look at..." Aegon leaned on the table with her in between his arms and with his face inches away from hers. But she did not move, Thereya sat there looking at his eyes left then right then left not moving a muscle. "I wish I could say the same," She replied with arrogance.

"Uf... That hurt my feelings..." Aegon said with a mock sad face. "Don't I deserve an apology?" He said in a low whisper while tilting his head leaning towards her neck and moving his hand to the side of Thereya's silky-red pants to untie them, his nose brushed against Thereya's neck and she shivered but quickly grabbed his hand, and twisted his thumb painfully still looking into his eyes.

"Ah! Gods!" Aegon winced in pain while gritting his teeth. But Thereya let go of his hand shortly after not having the intention of breaking his finger or hurting him, just sending the message.

"You keep forgetting that I am not your servant girl. I am your cousin and I demand that you treat me with some decency. Next time I will break your hand." Thereya said coldly to Aegon as he massaged his hand trying to ease the pain. "You are mad!" Aegon shouted in frustration before storming out of her chambers with a loud slam of the door.

Thereya exhaled loudly and closed her eyes to get her thoughts right. She hopped off the table and sat on her bed thinking about how she shouldn't have done that to her cousins, she didn't need any more enemies than she already had, starting with her father Daemon, and now her annoying cousin Aegon. She leaned her elbows on her knees and held her head in her hands.

Thereya was tired and it was a late hour, her ribs were pulsing from the pain and swelling, and the only thing she needed was a few peaceful hours of sleep. But that wouldn't last anyway as she heard her door open.

Rhaenyra walked inside quietly while holding an object wrapped in some cloth. "Princess?" Thereya said as she raised her head. "I apologize for coming in such a late hour... I heard of what happened to you on the city streets... My sons told me of your bravery..." Rhaenyra said while looking away from her to the floor trying to be kind to her. "You are not my mother Princess. I am none of your concerns I assure you." Thereya said as she shook her head slightly and looked away from Rhaenyra saying it just to get this conversation over with.

"I am aware... But I am your father's wife... And I do feel a certain responsibility over the matter of your life..." Rhaenyra added and Thereya just looked at her and said nothing. At that moment Thereya wasn't just looking at Princess Rhaenyra but also at the women, her mother was left sick over and easily forgotten. That was seen on Thereya's face.

"I get that you feel a certain amount of hate towards me..." Rhaenyra spoke softly breaking the silence with the uncomfortable look on her face. "I do not hate you, Princess... I do not know you... And I'm not the kind of person that hates... Dislike? Yes surely... But hate, no." Thereya said coldly before Rhaenyra could add anything.

Princess Rhaenyra was only able to nod her head at what she just heard. She wasn't mad at Thereya for how she acted toward her, after all, Rhaenyra knew the unbearable pain of losing a mother, and she knew that Thereya was just a child. Rhaenyra also knew that what Daemon did was wrong but that still couldn't stop her from loving him truly, so the least Rhaenyra could do was to feel less guilty about what happened because of her husband's foolishness was to give her what she requested.

"I have heard of your request Thereya... And I decided to give it to you... As something that always belonged to you..." Rhaenyra spoke as she moved the cloth off the object that she brought in and put it on the table.

Thereya raised her head and her eyes widened as her watery eyes saw something she had been waiting for her whole life. Her face lit up and dropped in disbelief. Something she thought would only be seen in her mother's stories and her childish dreams. But there was one thing they should have never forgotten. Thereya's dreams come true. A dragon egg was placed before her.