My Father's Favorite Daughter

The clash of swords rang out in the air as Daemon swiftly swung his blade at his daughter Thereya. She was pushed around, stumbling backward until she hit the floor with a thud. "Again," he commanded, his voice stern and unwavering.

Thereya's frustration boiled within her, her patience wearing thin. It's been days since they left and he's still doing the same thing. "Quit it!" she shouted in a surge of rage, clashing her sword against his with fierce determination. With a swift kick, she pushed him away, creating distance between them.

Daemon's chuckle filled the tense atmosphere as he looked at her with a hint of amusement in his eyes. "There it is," he remarked, his tone almost proud. "The look of pure Targaryen rage. That's what I want from you." He raised his sword again, ready for another round. "Again."

Her breaths came in ragged gasps as she steadied herself, her grip tightening around her sword. "I'm not just some pawn in your game, Daemon," she spat out between clenched teeth, her voice laced with defiance. "I am my own person, and I will not be controlled by you or anyone else. You think I'm blind?"

Daemon's expression softened slightly, a hint of pride flickering in his eyes. "You have spirit, definitely not blind... Stupid mayhaps?" he conceded, his tone almost admiring. "But spirit alone will not make you a true Targaryen. You must learn to harness it, to turn it into something greater. Not to lower your self among the peasants."

Thereya's resolve hardened at his words, her determination burning brighter than ever. "Those peasants are the reason we are Kings. With no people to rule over, what makes you a King? I will not be molded into your image." she declared, her voice ringing with conviction. "I will forge my own path, one that is true to myself and my heritage."

With renewed determination, Thereya launched herself back into the fray, her movements fluid and precise.

As the clash of swords subsided for a moment, Daemon's lips curled into a satisfied smirk. "Very good," he said, his voice tinged with approval. "Your skill with a blade is rather not that awful, but remember, true strength comes from within."

Thereya paused, catching her breath as she locked eyes with her father. "Why did you bring me out into the woods alone, Father?" she asked, her voice tinged with both curiosity and apprehension. "And why did you command me to leave Drakus in King's Landing?"

Daemon's chuckle faded, replaced by a solemn expression. "There are things you must learn, without certain... Distractions," he explained, his tone grave. "Things that cannot be taught within the confines of King's Landing or the walls of our castle."

Thereya furrowed her brow, confusion clouding her features. "But why alone? So you could kill me with no witnesses?" she pressed, her gaze searching his for answers. "Why not bring Drakus with us? She's been by my side since I came back from apparently what's supposed to be a bad attempt of exile. And she never left my side, she slept with me, ate with me. Are you afraid of a sheep sized dragon?" Thereya smirked a little.

Daemon's gaze hardened. "Drakus is a loyal companion, but there are lessons you must learn on your own, the beast won't always stick around to protect you." he said bitterly. "And sometimes, the solitude of the wilderness is the best teacher."

Thereya nodded slowly, though uncertainty still lingered in her heart. "But what lessons am I meant to learn? Maybe you should listen to me for once and learn something." she asked, her voice barely above a whisper. "And besides, don't call her a beast, you're more of a beast then she ever will be."

Daemon's eyes glinted with a hint of mystery as he met her gaze. "What could i possibly learn from a savage like you?" he replied cryptically. "For now, trust in me and in your own instincts. They will guide you on the path that lies ahead. And maybe, just maybe... You won't die a weakling like your mother."