A Strange Friend

"What did your mother tell you then?" Aegon asked with curiosity while playing with the ring on his finger not even bothering to look at Jace.

"Nothing. Mother was furious. She entered her chambers crying and went to the balcony. I did not want to bother. Daemon walked in right behind her. I think they talked about the girl. They did not talk, they argued more likely. And they did not talk for some time. Now I think everything is settled between them." Jace spoke while resting his cheek in his hand leaning against the table and scratching some dirty spots while talking.

There was silence in Aegon's chambers for some time until Aegon didn't stand up and walked to the table to pour some wine into his goblet.

"I think the girl is telling the truth. If my ears did not fail me she said that she was the daughter of Daemon Targaryen." He said while curling his lips upside down.

"If your ears did not fail you, your liver will," Jace said while making a mocking grimace and pulling the jug of wine to the other end of the table so Aegon could not pour himself more wine. "Besides you said you were drunk. She could have said anything and you could have missed hearing it right." He added.

"And... If she was lying... Do you think we Targaryens are quick to forgive and have mercy?" Aegon scoffed at Jace still not sitting down in his chair.

"She is a girl, around your age I would say. Maybe younger. She is a child." Jace added while he looked at Aegon in a way that was saying that he was afraid to hear his opinion.

"Did you just call me a child little bastard?" Aegon squinted his eyes while looking back at Jace with a disgusted look on his face.

"That was not the point of my statement Aegon." Jace quickly replied with an irritated tone.

"You mean my father. You know how much he loves Rhaenyra and his brother Daemon. So much that he could forget me. Do you think that he would hesitate to execute an unknown girl? Do not be ridiculous." Aegon even chuckled a little while he mixed the wine around his cup.

"I will not believe you until I hear it," Jace said in denial. He did not want to accept the fact that his family was far from perfect. And now with Daemon as his stepfather, he did not even want to hear about his flaws.

Aegon just laughed. Jacaerys never believed Aegon and his cruel words, even tho at the end Aegon would sadly be right. Even when they were only little children not aware of anything one time when Jahaerys stepped on a frog and felt bad everyone would tell him that the frog was just sleeping but Aegon would be the only one who told him the truth. He told Jace that he killed the frog, that he did it and it can't be undone and he would even mess with him calling him a little murderer. Even tho Jace did not like Aegon he still needed someone who would tell him the truth. In his life that was Aegon.

Meanwhile, Jacaerys and Aegon were trying to figure out what exactly was happening, and Thereya was brought into her chambers.

"I would say this is enough. My son has a mattress on the floor. This looks like the heavens compared to what his chambers look like." Alicent said while looking around Thereya's chambers biting her lower lip while thinking.

The chambers were not big but they were certainly not small. The stone walls looked good mixed with the shimmers of lit candles all over the place. The big mirror decorated with gold was hung on the left wall. Her bed frame was made out of oak wood and carved pictures into the bed. The table in the corner of the room was full of fruits and her big window was looking at the sea.

"It is better than any place I have slept in so far your Grace. I could not be more grateful for what you did for me today." Thereya said with pure honesty while her gaze moved around her chambers taking in every single detail.