Worm And Lamb

While Thereya was quickly walking back to her chambers she saw lights coming from the docks outside of the castle. She stopped in her tracks and looked outside the window. No matter how hard she squinted her eyes she still couldn't tell what was happening, but there was a large ship and his banners looked familiar.

"House Velaryon has arrived as it seems," Aegon said from behind her. Thereya turned her head around quickly. "In this late hour?" She asked.
"They traveled here for the upcoming feast, you never know when will you arrive when you travel across the sea... Or... Will you arrive?" Aegon explained to her as if she was stupid in the same tone he would tell a child.

Then Aemond approached them standing beside Thereya and looking out of the window. "Baela and Rhaena have arrived... I saw Daemon come outside to greet them..." Aemond said while leaning onto his hand exhaling.

Thereya frowned and confusion crossed her face as she quickly turned her head towards Aegon. "You don't know... Do you?" Aegon said mockingly followed by a scoff and pleased smile. He liked to play with her and he liked the realization on her face when he would reveal the harsh truth to her.

"Baela and Rhaena... Are your sisters..." He whispered to her as he took her by the shoulders and shook her a little bit. Thereya couldn't believe what she heard, she was in denial, but then she watched Daemon walk outside and greet two of the unknown girls and embrace them into their arms. Aemond silently looked at Thereya feeling somewhat sorry for her.

"Oh cheer up! Have a drink! It's not every day that you get sisters!" Aegon chuckled. "Aegon... Knock it off..." Aemond frowned at Aegon. He was annoyed but he rolled his eyes and shut up, just after that he walked away back to his chambers unbothered by the whole situation.

"Aegon is a twat... He doesn't like Baela and Rhaena either... They always had a thing with Jace and Luke. Never liked the two of us..." Aemond started talking just to kill the silence, but Thereya was still staring outside the window with a rather angry look on her face. Then all of that was interrupted by a loud dragon roar and the sound of flapping wings.

Thereya and Aemond moved away from the window as Princess Rhaenys flew over the castle on her mighty dragon Meleys. Aemond looked at Thereya once again and she was looking at the dragon flying towards the dragon pit.

"Here for the upcoming feast, you say?" Thereya asked. "She is the cousin of my father... Rhaenys Targaryen..." Aemond started explaining but was quickly cut off. "The Queen who never was..." Thereya said before scoffing and walking away leaving Aemond standing in the hall next to the window.

As she was walking back to her chambers she stopped in her tracks, Thereya raised her head and saw Daemon and two girls in the hall, they stopped walking as well. Daemon looked at Thereya like he didn't know her and the two girls were looking at her as well while taking in her clothes and eyes. "Let us get going, girls..." Daemon said coldly as he turned his head away and pushed them by their shoulders.

Thereya blinked a few times turning around and walking past them making her way back to her chambers. "Who is that father?" Baela asked looking up at Daemon, holding his hand the same as her sister as they walked away. "We will discuss it later." He replied coldly.

As Thereya walked back to her chambers Alicent entered hers and closed the doors once she made sure Thereya came back. "Life is such an unfair little thing isn't it?" A voice from inside Alicent's chambers was heard. "She will never be his daughter no matter how much blood they share..." Alicent replied as she poured the wine and sat on the chair across from Larys.

"The Rogue Prince has his flaws... Perhaps she is one of them." Larys added. "Are you suggesting to stop all of it and get rid of her? That this is all In vain and that she is of no use?" Alicent asked sarcastically with annoyance in her voice. "No no... No..." Larys shook his head. "She might be your only shield against Daemon and Rhaenyra... Or... Perhaps even a weapon." He added, before looking down at the Queen's legs. Alicent swallowed with a struggle.

"Now you just need to make sure she doesn't wander off with her... Family... She is walking proof of Daemon's instability. And besides she is Daemon's firstborn child, and Daemon did swear a rather drunk oath, to put his firstborn child on the throne." Larys continued speaking. "Thereya will never be a Queen. The people wouldn't allow it, high Septon, nor any other man." Alicent shook her head quickly. "Exactly. You can't make her a Queen Alicent... But... Aegon can." Larys added slyly.

Even though Alicent didn't want to admit it, that idea already crossed her mind before. "No... I am not here to start a war. Things are already tense enough with Princess Thereya simply breathing around here. I won't cause the poor girl's death, her punishment is being here in the first place." Alicent shook her head in denial.

"She is a child and naive. You could sweet talk her into doing anything." Larys scoffed. "She is not as stupid as she looks. She is brave." Alicent defended her. "And brave men die first." He was quick to reply. "But she is not a man..." Alicent replied quickly and bitterly. "Very well... Gods kill me that the day when the fate of the whole realm has leaned on a bloody girl," Larys said while messaging his temple as he got up to leave.

"And what of when her dragon crawls out of that egg? Do you think she will be merciful then?" Larys asked before he left, stopping to look at Alicent. She was battling her thoughts. "She is good, she knows how it is to come from nothing, to be no one... Thereya is merciful I have seen it..." Alicent replied in denial. On that Larys scoffed "All until the worm turns... And a lamb smiles with a mouth full of teeth... Don't push your luck, your Grace." Larys said coldly before walking out and leaving Alicent alone with her thoughts.