The Gift She Regrets

As Alicent followed behind Ser Cole, her thoughts became a turbulent battlefield, a chaotic clash of hope and doubt. Each step carried the weight of anticipation, but she dared not allow herself to feel relief until she witnessed with her own eyes the impossible truth... Thereya and Aegon alive.

The air around her crackled with uncertainty as Alicent's mind wrestled with conflicting emotions. The pain of loss still lingered, an ever-present specter that made her hesitant to embrace the glimmer of hope that now flickered before her.

Rhaenyra, just behind Alicent, mirrored the internal turmoil.

"Jacaerys... Go and take Luke to your chambers. Now." Rhaenyra ordered Jace sharply.

Jace immediately protested as a look of confusion crossed his face "But mother... What of Thereya, she is my sister, she is-"

"She is not your blood. Do as i say, and do it now." Rhaenyra added solemnly and Jace could only nod and listen to what she has said.

The corridor stretched ahead like a path of suspense, each step echoing the clash of emotions within Alicent's and Rhaenyra's minds. The distant sounds of footsteps and the murmur of conversation offered no solace in the face of the unprecedented turn of events.

Alicent couldn't allow herself to fully believe until she stood face to face with the living proof of Thereya and Aegon's return. Until then, the battlefield of her thoughts would remain a tumultuous terrain, navigating between the scars of loss and the tentative whispers of hope.

Ser Cole held the grand doors of the throne room, the anticipation mounting as Alicent surged forward. With a determined push, the doors swung open, revealing the surreal tableau within. Alicent's eyes widened in astonishment and unbridled relief-Thereya and Aegon stood alive and well.

In an instant, Alicent's world shifted as she beheld her son. "Aegon!" she shouted, the name a prayer on her lips. She rushed towards him, the emotions that had been a tempest within her now breaking free. As she reached him, she enveloped Aegon in a tight embrace, tears streaming down her face. The weight of uncertainty lifted, replaced by the tangible presence of her son.

Alicent was in disbelief "Where have you gone!? What has happened!? We thought!-"

Thereya, witnessing the reunion, smiled faintly at the sight. Aegon, too, slowly wrapped his arms around his mother, a mixture of relief and joy evident in the shared embrace.

"Thereya..." Alicent exhaled and took Thereya's face in her hands gently as she caressed her cheek with her thumb.

The air was charged with the emotions that swirled within the room, tears of relief, smiles of disbelief, and the profound warmth of a family reunited against all odds.

As Alicent rushed to embrace Thereya and check for any signs of injuries, Rhaenyra stood in the room, her gaze fixed on Aegon. The air hung heavy with the weight of unspoken emotions, a poignant silence enveloping them.

Locked in a gaze that conveyed both the depth of shared history and the complexities of their relationship, Rhaenyra and Aegon stood amidst the shifting tides of reunion.

Breaking the quietude, Rhaenyra's voice, hushed yet filled with genuine emotion, cut through the stillness. "I'm glad you both came back," she whispered, her words carrying the weight of unspoken thoughts. The relief in her eyes mirrored the collective joy that seemed to fill the room.

Aegon, meeting his sister's gaze, found a quiet acknowledgment in her words. He only nodded and was quick to look away. To look at Thereya.

Rhaenyra saw that, and knew that. More than Aegon knew.