Birdcage

The tall man with the scar on his chin approached the cell, swinging a set of heavy keys around on his finger in a nonchalant manner. His dark brown eyes bore into Thereya, meeting her glare with an unyielding gaze. The weight of his boots echoed in the confined space as he leaned casually against the bars, a faint smirk playing on his lips.

Thereya's anger simmered beneath the surface, her eyes narrowing as she observed the man. The scar on his chin hinted at a history of battles, and his confident demeanor suggested a familiarity with command. Despite her annoyance, she remained silent, waiting for him to speak, her posture a defiant challenge.

Aegon, standing beside Thereya, shot a wary glance at the man. The atmosphere in the cell grew heavier with each passing moment, an unspoken tension building between the prisoners and their captor.

The man's scoff echoed through the dimly lit cell as he glanced disdainfully at the small dragon nestled in Thereya's hands. "That thing won't help you when I get my hands on you," he sneered, his tone laced with a chilling threat. His eyes bore into Thereya, and for a moment, the weight of his gaze seemed to overshadow the tiny creature.

Thereya's grip on the dragon tightened protectively, her defiant glare unwavering. "Traitor!" she spat out, her voice edged with anger. The accusation hung in the air, resonating with the bitterness of betrayal. Aegon, standing beside her, exchanged a tense glance with Thereya. The ship's hull creaked, emphasizing the confined space and the limited options they had.

The man chuckled darkly, seemingly unaffected by Thereya's accusation. "Call me what you want, girl. Won't change the fact that you're at my mercy now," he retorted, his tone condescending. He continued to swing the keys on his finger, a display of casual dominance that grated on Thereya's nerves.

There was a silence, tension thickening as the trio stood in the dimly lit cell, each gauging the other's next move. The small dragon in Thereya's hands shifted, sensing the hostility in the air. The ship sailed steadily through the night, carrying its captives into an uncertain fate.

As the cell door creaked open, Aegon instinctively stepped back, a guarded stance overtaking him. The man, with a twisted smile, seized Aegon firmly. Thereya's eyes blazed with fury, and she wasted no time. "Let him go!" she shouted, pushing the man with an aggression that surprised even Aegon.

The man, momentarily taken aback, released his grip on Aegon and chuckled. "Feisty, isn't she? But that's not how a princess should behave," he remarked, his condescending tone slicing through the tension. Thereya's glare intensified, a silent promise of retaliation.

Undeterred, the man continued, "You'd be much prettier if you learned to be quiet and obedient."

Thereya's fury reached its zenith. Without a moment's hesitation, she spat in the man's face, a defiant act that cut through the air with a sharp intensity. The glob of saliva landed on his cheek, a visible mark of her disdain.

The man's eyes flickered with a mix of surprise and anger. Wiping his face with the back of his hand, he sneered, "You'll pay for that insolence, little princess." His threat lingered in the air, ominous and laced with malice.

The man's brutal grip latched onto Thereya's hair, yanking her backward with a force that sent a jolt of pain through her scalp. A gasp escaped her lips as her hands instinctively reached for her hair, attempting to ease the torment.

In a heart-wrenching moment, the man callously snatched Drakus from her hands, causing the small dragon to screech in protest. Thereya's eyes widened in distress, her heart pounding with a mixture of fear and anger.

With a swift, heartless motion, the man hurled Thereya against the cold bars of the cell. The impact echoed through the cramped space, and she crumpled to the floor, a sharp pain shooting through her side. Drakus, now separated from Thereya, fluttered anxiously in the air, her distressed cries filling the air.