Gained Respect

And there he was. Ser Criston Cole himself. Rhaena rolled her eyes but Baela on the other hand got up quickly and pulled her sister on her feet as well. Helaena stood up followed by Jace and Luke. Thereya only looked at the knight as their gaze met. She nodded her head and he nodded his.

"I'm sent here to escort the Princesses to their chambers. It's slowly starting to get late. And I'm sure that the boys can escape themselves. After all... One day they will be such a... Strong rulers." Cole smiled politely and bowed slightly before motioning the girls to go outside.

Thereya looked over at Jace taking in his face, he seemed like he had shown no reaction, almost like he didn't get the joke or rather insult that Cole just told him. She had heard of rumors and stories before but she couldn't be sure they were true. Now that he has seen it with her own eyes. She could be sure. Bastard or not the word 'brother' stuck around in her mind.

Rhaena and Baela walked outside with Rhaena giving Cole a bad look of judgment. "I wish you a good rest, dear cousin." Helaena smiled softly then followed behind quickly.

"Be safe Princess," Jace said bowing slightly with Luke hugging her leg and then running off. Thereya let out a slight chuckle at the sight of little Luke as she nodded her head at her brother.

Before closing the door and leaving Cole turned to say, "Princess Rhaenys wishes to have a word with you. And to meet you properly. As her Grace said."

Confusion and slight discomfort crossed Thereya's face. "And why is that? In this hour?" She asked.

Cole cleared his throat before speaking, "Well as her Grace said just to meet you properly." He replied.

Thereya scoffed and smiled with slight sarcasm in her expression. "I am not asking you about what everyone has told you to say. I am asking you for your opinion. You are forgetting your place, you are a knight, most noblemen don't see a battle in their lives. You should have some pride, speak like you do."

Cole nodded his head before speaking in a more serious tone, "I think that the Princess wants something from you, why else would she care about having your sympathy or anything like that? She must have realized that you hold a decent amount of power here just by simply not being executed by accusing Prince Daemon of such a thing. Not many men live after having a conflict with Daemon Targaryen."

Thereya let his words sink in before replying with a smile, "I am not a man."

Cole nodded in agreement. "Don't give in Princess. To any of them. You might not get it now, not any of this that is happening, but there will come a time when all the pieces will come together. We need you here."

Thereya's smile slowly faded and her face turned serious and nodded her head slowly. Cole took that response and left. She was alone in her chambers thinking to herself, 'What have I gotten myself into?' But she had to put those thoughts aside and collect herself as she decided to leave and speak with Rhaenys.

The halls echoed with the sound of Thereya's boots hitting the stone floor. She stopped to ask some of the guards to escort her to Princess Rhaenys chambers, and they did as she asked them to.

She reached her hand to knock but the door suddenly opened which made Thereya pull her hand back.

A taller man with dark skin and white dreadlocks stood there at the door before stepping outside closer to Thereya. "You are the girl." He said coldly. Before she could open her mouth she heard a voice come from inside of the chambers, "Corlys, let the girl in."

The man who appears to be Corlys Velaryon, moved away staring down at Thereya with a cold look on his face, he left his wife's chambers to give the two of them some privacy.