- ̗̀✎ Halloween

It was finally Halloween. I was ready to put on the costume. I was ready to see everyone else's costumes, too.

It was around 5 pm. right now. Tara told me to meet her at around 7:30 pm for the party. I finally started getting ready. The past couple of days, I spent learning how to sow. I finally got it yesterday, so the lace laid perfectly in every place I wanted it to be. The costume looked exactly like the shows outfit.

I grabbed the dress, tights, and heels from my closet and placed it on my bed. I stripped down to my underwear and bra. I took off my bra and replaced it with pasties.

I slipped on the dress. I situated the lace and apron while looking into my mirror. The dress defined my waist. The skirt was tight but loose enough to not completely define my hips. I've learned that I am mostly insecure about my hips.

I find myself falling in and out of my body insecurities. One month, I love my body. Next month, all I want is to take scissors to my skin and chop off everything I don't like.

I looked at the mirror once more. I slid my hands down the front of the dress, flattening the wrinkles. I grabbed the tights from my bed and slid them on carefully. They hugged my legs comfortably. I didn't slide my heels on just yet.

I sat down at my vanity, preparing to do my makeup and hair. I started with my hair. I didn't really do my hair a lot. I just brush it out and go on with my day. So it took me a long time to get anywhere close to her hairstyle. I looked at my phone.

6:21 pm.

6:21?! I didn't know it took me that long! I finally added hairspray to my style, hoping that it would help it stay throughout the party. I started with my makeup. I moisturized, primed, and added a small amount of concealer under my eyes to brighten my eyebags. I set the concealer with powder and spray.

I added a small wing on my eye with eyeliner, matched with black eyeshadow under my eyes. I applied a small amount of blush to my cheekbones and nose.

Finally, I finished the look with a hot pink tinted lip gloss. I slid on my heels and looked at my phone.

7 pm.

I headed to my car, finally driving to Tara's house.

___

I arrived at her house, locking my car and approaching her door. I knocked, and Colby opened the door. He eyed me up and down with a smirk. He smiled sweetly and spoke.

Colby: "You look so pretty."

I smiled at the compliment and walked in. Not everyone was here just yet, only Tara, Colby, and Sam. Tara smiled at me brightly, and her mouth opened slightly. I did the same.

Y/N: "You look so good!"

I walked to her and hugged her.

Tara: "Me? Look at you!"

I giggled and sat down next to her. She had a bold blue wig on. She wore basically the exact outfit Coraline did. She got creative. For her button eyes, they were button glasses. Her green triangle necklace thing looked handmade.

Sam and Colby matched as Ghostbusters.  They both wore tan bodysuits with a belt and weird backpack. They all looked good.

While waiting, I felt a feeling build up that I had to pee. I stood up and fixed my dress.

Y/N: "I just have to use the restroom."

I told Tara before leaving.

Tara: "Alright."

She responded with a smile. I walked upstairs. I entered the restroom and did my own thing. I washed my hands and dried them with the hand towel that hung above the sink.