- ̗̀✎ Prepare.

Y/N POV:

I was with Tara, planning out the party for tonight. It would be at my house. We had two custom cakes that we had to pick up. One was a one layer, chocolate cake with black frosting and red frosting surrounding the edge.

At the top,  it was a silly drawing made out of frosting. It was Johnnie, but somehow, it looked more emo.

The second cake was a three layer, vanilla, pink princess cake. Johnnie couldn't decide what cake he wanted, so we all talked about it without Johnnie and got joke cakes.

Tara: "Jake has messaged a few people about the party, so don't worry about much."

Y/N: "Okay, so all we have to do is get the cakes and presents for Johnnie?"

Tara: "Yup! His cute little princess party."

Y/N: "It's gonna be so funny."

Tara: "He will definitely not expect most of this."

Tara's phone rang, and she picked it up. All I heard was muffled talking on the other end. Tara's jaw dropped.

Tara: "Jake, are you fucking kidding?"

...

Tara: "No, no. I'm sure it will be fine. Nothing will happen."

...

Tara: "Okay, just don't tell Johnnie."

She hung up the phone.

Y/N: "What happened?"

Tara: "Nothing, Jake just got mixed up with the invitations."

Y/N: "Oh, alright."

Something seemed off, but right now, I'll just brush it off. I know damn well that would come back for me later, though.

Tara: "Okay, let's go to the bakery, then the store."

We both got our stuff and got into her car.

___

We picked up the cakes. Tara was scared to carry the princess cake, so I carried it to the car. I decided to sit in the backseat with the large cake, just to make sure nothing happened. Tara put the smaller cake in the passenger seat.

We made our way back to my house and put the cakes in my fridge. We got back to the car and went to the store.

___

Tara: "Okay, just like our arrangement, we show the cakes first, give him a tiara, then we give the presents."

Y/N: "We are getting the dress and makeup set?"

Before she said anything, Tara let out a laugh.

Tara: "Yup! I can't wait to see what the others are getting him!"

Y/N: "He'll love it."

We both laughed and walked around. We found the toys aisle and searched.

We found a silver plastic tiara with pink gems, a silver plastic wand, and a plastic gold necklace.

Tara: "Go to check out, I'll get the dress."

She walked away, and I walked to check out. As I waited in line, I set my things on the conveyor belt. The person in front of me paid and walked off.

Worker: "Hello, how are you?"

Y/N: "I'm good, and you?"

The worker grabbed the tiara and scanned it.

Worker: "I'm well."

She grabbed the wand and scanned.

Worker: "Daughters birthday?"

Y/N: "Uhm, yeah."

I smiled. Tara came up behind me and set the pink, fluffy dress on the belt.

Tara: "I think Johnnie might fit that!'

I laughed and covered my mouth as the worker scanned the rest of the stuff.

We paid for the items and started to walk off with our bag of princess things.

Tara: "You think it'll fit Johnnie?"

Y/N: "It says ten and under on the package!"

Tara: "You're just jealous. It's gonna fit him. "

She said jokingly.

Y/N: "For sure."

___

We got back to my house. It was about time for guests to start arriving. Tara called Jake and told him and Johnnie to hurry up. I called Kris and Celina, and Sam and Colby texted, telling us they were on their way.

From time to time, we would hear knocks, followed by people coming in and greeting sweetly.

Sam and Colby finally arrived with gift bags. They gave me and Tara hugs and went off on their own.

As the house filled, Tara and I decided to start drinking and let people come in on their own. We both took three shots each.

Tara and I went off into the crowd and danced on our own. Everything was fun with Tara. She knew how to have fun and bring people out of their comfort zones. If Tara says it's fun, it definitely is.

Kris and Celina showed up.

Kris: "Hey, love!"

She hugged me lightly and smiled.

Y/N: "Hey Kris!"

I gave her a warm smile and hugged her back. She let go, and I caught a glimpse of her bright smile before she turned to hug Tara. Her smile was always so sweet.

Celina let go of her hug with Tara and went to hug me.

Celinas hug was warm and tight. She let go and shot a smile.

Kris: "We are gonna go do our own thing. Have fun, guys!"

Tara: "You too, babes! Dont forget to put your presents on the kitchen counter!"

___

Jake and Johnnie finally got here.

^829 words

Next chapter...

7k reads guys. I love yall frl

Recs:

(If you rec something, understand I can't just write it out of nowhere, I do have to build up that moment depending on what you want. Just know stars are coming soon *wink wink*) ^