Prologue

It was dark, so incredibly dark, and the weight on my chest made each breath a struggle. Panic set in; I didn't want to die.

"Someone's breathing here!" a man's voice urgently cried out. "Over here!"

What was happening? My last memory was playing a game in the living room with my brother.

But then, an intense burning sensation surged through my right hand, and I cried out in agony. Why was it glowing, my right hand?

A shrill, bone-chilling scream pierced the air. "Honkai! The Honkai is here!!"

"Everyone, run!"

The cacophony of cries and frantic shouts filled my ears. I was lost in the chaos, a helpless observer in the midst of sheer terror.

"Help... Me..." My own voice, trembling and desperate, was barely a whisper amid the pandemonium.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps reached my ears. "So, is this all the Honkai here?" The voice was oddly child-like, in stark contrast to the chaos around me.

"Hm? I can sense a stigmata here in this rubble... Oh well, let me take care of this first!" The voice continued, exuding an eerie nonchalance.

My heart raced as I sensed the growl of rage and the approaching thunderous footsteps. I couldn't make sense of the situation, but one thing was clear: that girl, with her innocent-sounding voice, was in grave danger.

In my confused and desperate state, I needed to find a way to help her, or at least understand what was happening before it was too late.

Amidst the chaos, I heard chains clinking, accompanied by a growl that sent shivers down my spine. It was a sound that felt like a death knell, filling me with dread. Minutes passed, and then, abruptly, the sounds ceased.

"Hah," the child-like voice heaved a relieved sigh. "Finally done! Now then..." There was a curious, almost mischievous note in her tone. "I can definitely sense something here... around here!" As she spoke, chains emerged from the ground, tearing through the rubble that concealed me.

And then, I saw it – a glimmer of light.

"Oh? There you are!~ Hello there!" The girl's appearance was nothing like her voice – white hair neatly tied in a low side ponytail, and her eyes as bright and cerulean as the clearest sky.

"Are you alright?" I managed to stammer, my voice quivering with a mixture of fear and curiosity.

She looked at me with a hint of confusion and a warm smile. "You should worry about yourself, you know? You've been under this rubble for quite a long time!"

"I see..." I mumbled, feeling a strange mix of gratitude and unease.

Her eyes suddenly widened. "You've lost quite a lot of blood too."

"I see..."

"Fufu~ You'll be safe from now on. What's your name?"

I hesitated for a moment. "Shin... Shin Watanabe..."

Before I could say more, darkness began to envelop me. Yet, even as I slipped into unconsciousness, I could still hear her voice.

"Shin Watanabe, you have quite a rare stigmata. I haven't seen this kind of symbol before."

What did she mean by that? As my consciousness faded, one thing was clear – I was safe, and I owed it to this enigmatic girl who had appeared in my darkest hour.

From another perspective, a few hours later:

"A rare stigmata, and it's a male? Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"Yeah, That's what the headmaster told me."

Fu Hua, the source of this information, seemed to be getting somewhat exasperated. "Himeko... Why don't you just ask the headmaster directly? I only know this because she told me. She seemed quite pleased about it."

"But a male with a stigmata?" Himeko's voice was filled with disbelief.

"It's a mysterious phenomenon if you ask me," Fu Hua remarked, her tone thoughtful.

Stigmatas, whether natural or artificial, granted individuals resistance against the Houkai energy, enabling them to combat zombies and Houkai beasts without falling victim to corruption.

Those who lacked natural Houkai resistance from birth often had to undergo artificial transplants, which could come with side effects.

"Is it possible that he was born with it?"

Fu Hua let out a soft, almost amused sigh. "Ah, come on, just ask the headmaster already."

Himeko chuckled, appreciating Fu Hua's patience. "Haha, thank you, Fu Hua. I'll do that right now."

As Himeko exited the classroom to find the headmaster, Fu Hua remained behind, gazing out of the window. "Looks like this is going to be quite interesting," she murmured to herself.

Author Note: Hello! Welcome to one of my delusion fanfic where I enjoy suffering... Anyway, thank you for reading this! I upload two chapters per week since I have a lot of work to do (School work)  There may be wrong information but do let me know!

Word Count: 778

[HI3] Protocol StigmataOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara