Chapter 6 - The Truth is...

"Bronya...!"

My cry for Bronya's name was filled with a mix of fear and desperation as I watched Kiana rush to Mei's side, helping her to her feet.

"Mei-senpai! What happened!?" Kiana's voice trembled with concern.

"Kiana-chan..."

"Mei-senpai! Kiana! Get back! She's about to shoot!" I quickly sheathed my katana. "Bronya, wake up!"

Valkyrie System: Bio-chip anomaly detected. Force activate emergency rebooting...

Switching to troubleshooting mode... Purge all surrounding hostiles.

 Purge all surrounding hostiles

Bronya's cold voice sent shivers down my spine, and she started shooting rockets at Mei and Kiana. I sprinted towards them, desperately cutting the rockets in half to mitigate the damage. The explosion still knocked all of us back.

"Tch! Are you alright!? Kiana!" I stood up as my focus is still at Bronya.

"Y-Yeah!"

"Good... I want you to guard Mei-senpai this time..."

"No, I'll be with you! I..." Kiana hesitated for a moment, torn between her loyalty to Mei and her concern for me. She finally made a decision, her gaze firm. "I'll be with you for a minute! I'll keep Mei-senpai safe somewhere."

"Heh... Sounds like a good plan!"

"Yeah! Be careful!" Kiana lifted Mei and rushed out of the control room.

This will only take a minute.

Now it's just me and Bronya. I locked eyes with her and her Bunny19C, a machine of war under her control. "I don't know what happened, but I'll have to wake you up, Bronya!"

"Shin, wait." Himeko suddenly appeared in front of my face via hologram communication.

"Himeko-sensei! Don't scare the crap out of me!"

"Sorry! More importantly, do not hurt Bronya! If possible, knock her out!"

"I know that..."

After all, Bronya was one of my first friends.

Our bond ran deep. I dashed forward as Bronya continued to attack, her movements graceful yet deadly.

Suddenly, a memory surfaced in my mind, a memory of when I first arrived at St. Freya Academy, a school for Valkyries founded by Theresa Apocalypse around the year 2000. Theresa had intended the school to serve as a sanctuary for victims of Honkai testing, helping students learn to control and wield their powers and become Valkyries after graduation.

"This will be your new home from now on." She grinned as she looked up at me, the young loli hag girl who had saved me from the rubble.

"Headmaster Apocalypse."