Chapter 38.5 - Resemblance

[A/N: I'll explain things first before you read the rest, (.5) means it's half of the chapter,
This chapter contains Fu Hua's perspective, I will be adding the honorifics back.]

Meanwhile, on Fu Hua's side...

Ten hours earlier, after Fu Hua had dispatched Shin and Kiana on their mission, she watched from a distance as they disappeared into the dense foliage of the forest, their purpose clear in their minds.

She had entrusted them with a critical task: to locate the 12th divine key and ensure its retrieval at all costs.

As she observed their departure, Fu Hua sighed deeply and opened the communication hologram once again.

"Fu Hua here," she spoke into the device.

A face appeared in the hologram, that of a young man with blond hair tied to the side and piercing green eyes.

He wore a distinctive outfit consisting of a purple jacket with a frilly white shirt underneath. White gloves adorned his hands, and a pink necktie completed his ensemble, with the emblem of House Apocalypse proudly displayed on his jacket collar.

"Fu Hua, is Kika there with you?" the man inquired.

"Yes, as per your instructions," Fu Hua replied.

"Excellent. Does my grandchild know about this?" the man asked.

Fu Hua shook her head in response.

"Very well. Please continue with your report," the man instructed.

"Understood. While I was searching for the 12th Divine Key, I encountered a figure seated upon a stone," Fu Hua began.

"A familiar figure, you say? Please elaborate," the man prompted.

"This woman resembles Raiden Mei, the A-Rank Valkyrie of St. Freya Academy," Fu Hua reported. "She is wearing a combination of a white short kimono with samurai armor on her stomach and both arms, along with thigh-high leather/latex heeled boots."

"Interesting..." Otto tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"Otto-sama, do you know this woman?"

Otto's expression turned contemplative. "Fu Hua, have you engaged in combat with this person?"

"I'm afraid not," Fu Hua responded.

"In that case..." Otto paused, considering his next words carefully. "Do you mind investigating further?"

"If it's your order, I won't hesitate," Fu Hua affirmed.

A smile played across Otto's lips. "Very well. Ensure you capture every detail."

Fu Hua nodded in acknowledgment before closing the hologram communication.

"She looks like Raiden Mei, but there's an eerie aura about her," Fu Hua mused to herself.

As Fu Hua prepared to head into the forest, she was halted by the unexpected appearance of Kika, who stood confidently atop the torii gate with her back against the pole.

"So, you lied to your squad just to include me in this mission?" Kika's voice was sharp, her gaze piercing.

Fu Hua met her gaze evenly. "What brings you here?"

"I noticed your communication with Otto Apocalypse," Kika replied, her tone accusatory.

"Eavesdropping is a bad habit," Fu Hua remarked coolly.

Kika is a S-rank Valkyrie cultivated by Otto secretly. After the Brilliant Covenant was made, she reached an agreement with Otto to become the Valkyrie who cntrol the flagship Nexus system. The main gun "Baumkuchen" would consume a lot of energy every time she fired. She also has a floating fortress named "Schwarzwaelder" and an armor named "Sabayon".