Chapter 18 - Last Fight

The battle between Rita and me reached a new level of intensity. She effortlessly parried my strikes, and I dodged her precise attacks with every ounce of agility I could muster. The arena echoed with the clash of our weapons and the occasional cheers from the spectators.

Rita suddenly disappeared from my line of sight, leaving me momentarily disoriented. A split second later, she reappeared behind me, scythe poised for a decisive strike. I reacted on instinct, narrowly avoiding the lethal blow. The crowd erupted into gasps and applause, acknowledging the display of skill.

Our movements became a dance of blades, each strike calculated and countered. Rita's scythe spun with deadly precision, and I responded with swift slashes from my katana. The fight had turned into a breathtaking spectacle, drawing the attention of every Valkyrie in the arena.

As we continued our intense exchange, I noticed Rita's eyes glinting with excitement. "You're keeping up quite well, Master," she remarked with a playful grin.

"Likewise," I said, determination fueling my movements.

The clash reached its peak when Rita unleashed a series of rapid strikes, creating afterimages of her scythe. I focused on predicting her moves, countering and dodging with precise timing. It was a test of skill and reflexes, and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

In a surprising turn, Rita paused for a moment, her grin widening. "Impressive, Master. But can you handle this?" She infused her scythe with Honkai energy, creating a dazzling display of swirling lights.

I tightened my grip on my katana, ready for whatever was coming next. The air itself seemed to pulse with tension, marking the climax of our extraordinary battle.

Mei and Kiana observed the battle in awe, exchanging glances as they watched Shin and Rita's intense fight.

"Shin can keep up?!" Mei whispered, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Mei-senpai, you've trained kendo alone, right? Have you seen Shin practice with a blade?" Kiana inquired.

"I haven't really seen him... I mean, he's always doing it alone," Mei replied, a bit perplexed.

Meanwhile, back in the middle of the fight...

"You've got quite the stamina, Master," Rita taunted, a playful glint in her eye.

"I'm ready for it!" Shin panted, determination shining through.

Suddenly, in a flashback, Shin remembered his dreams where Tsurugi, the Herrscher of the Blade, trained him.

"What's wrong? Is that all you've got?" Tsurugi's voice echoed in his mind.

Shin gasped, struggling to catch his breath. "Shut... up!"

"Hehe~ You're still weak," Tsurugi's voice teased.

"I'll get stronger!" Shin declared, his determination resolute.

"Good words, but actions speak louder than words... prove it," Tsurugi's voice echoed in his thoughts.

---

Back in the midst of the intense battle, as Rita and I continued exchanging blows, a sudden glance with Bronya caught my attention.

"That's my cue," Bronya stated, pointing her Bunny19C at Rita. "Fire," she commanded, unleashing a barrage of lasers.

Rita swiftly dodged, a smirk playing on her lips. "Heh, I see it."

"You did." The stigmata on my body glowed, and my blade radiated with energy. "Checkmate."

And that my friends is the end of the duel... not really a duel but more like a strategized plan. But, much to my surprise, the plan didn't unfold as expected. Rita swiftly executed a sweep kick, sending me tumbling to the ground and you guessed it.

Defeated.

In the aftermath, lying on the ground, I couldn't help but think, "Well, that didn't go as planned."

Ugh, that was embarrassing.

[A/N:  It may be short chapter since I can't keep up with the fighting myself]