Chapter 53 - Against the Storm (2)

Fu Hua touched down beside me, her focus unwavering as Benares loomed before us.

"You've got some nerve, showing up here," I remarked, eyeing her warily.

Fu Hua remained silent, her attention fixed solely on the massive dragon.

"No time for pleasantries, Shin," she finally spoke, her voice steady. "Kiana's locked in combat with Schicksal forces, roughly 5000 kilometers from here."

"And what about Bronya and Mei?"

"Ask Himeko," she replied tersely, her gaze never leaving Benares.

Before I could press further, Benares launched into another assault, forcing us into evasive maneuvers. Our strikes barely scratched its tough hide, its rapid healing nullifying our efforts.

"Gah... Its skin's like steel," I muttered, frustration mounting.

Fu Hua glanced skyward, assessing our predicament. "That healing factor... impressive. A true Judgment-Class."

"We don't have time for compliments!"

"Agreed." Fu Hua sprang into action, delivering a powerful kick to Benares' snout, causing it to reel momentarily.

But Benares wasn't done yet. It reared back, preparing for a devastating breath attack.

Fu Hua's battlesuit shimmered with yellow energy as she ascended into the air.

"I'll draw Benares away.

"Don't be reckless! I'll assist you!"

Fu Hua shook her head, a hint of a smile playing on her lips. "Your assistance is needed elsewhere... Those Honkai beasts closing in on Helios."

I clenched my fists in frustration but nodded reluctantly. "Fine. Just make sure you come back in one piece... We'll have a lot to discuss later!"

Fu Hua nodded, her expression determined, before darting off to engage Benares, leading it away from the Helios.

As I prepared to confront the approaching Honkai beasts, a blazing slash surged past me, striking down one of the creatures. Startled, I turned to see Major Himeko standing nearby.

"Major Himeko?!" I exclaimed, surprised by her sudden appearance.

"It's my turn now, Shin. Take a breather," she commanded firmly. "I'll handle the rest. That's an order."

"Understood!" I replied, acknowledging her directive. With a swift motion, I sheathed my katana and hurried back towards the elevator, "Major Himeko is strong... and I trust her."

As I stepped into the elevator, I stole a final glance at Himeko, silently hoping for her safety before the doors closed.

"She'll be fine," I reassured myself, taking a deep breath.

As the elevator reached the bottom and the doors opened, I was surprised to find Principal Theresa waiting for me.

"You look like you've been through a lot," she remarked, her gaze fixed on me.

"Mostly just tired," I said, stepping out of the elevator.

"Good work out there, Shin. You deserve a rest."

"Thank you, Principal Theresa." I nodded as I walked past her.

"Oh, one more thing."

I paused, turning back to face her, curious.

"What is it?"

"Mei and Bronya are currently at Hyperion. They should be here soon, alongside Anti-Entropy."

Anti-Entropy?