Chapter 21 - The Chase

"Wendy..." I muttered through gritted teeth, frustration evident as I swiftly drew my blade from its sheathe.

"Shin! What are you doing!?" Bronya's eyes widened with concern as she questioned my sudden action.

"I'll wake her up..."

"What do you mean?!"

"Bronya... She's not herself right now, and we can't send her to the Hyperion in her current state, can we? We have to fight."

"Shin is right." Mei affirmed, unsheathing her katana with determination. "We have to subdue her."

"Let's do it!" Kiana exclaimed, readying her pistol for the impending battle.

However, Wendy clutched her head and let out a shriek, sending tornado-like winds in our direction.

"Wind!? Everyone! Don't get too close!" I shouted, and we all instinctively scattered to avoid the powerful gusts.

The chaotic winds whirled around us, adding an extra layer of tension to the already intense situation.

The fierce winds dissipated, leaving us surrounded by an eerie silence, broken only by Wendy's disappearance.

"Sh*t... Himeko-sensei! Wendy is gone!" I urgently relayed through our comms.

"Wendy... has flown away..."

"Report this to HQ. Dispatch S-rank Valkyries to capture her," Himeko ordered, her tone resolute.

"Bronya does not think Wendy will hurt anyone," Bronya stated, her gaze cast downward in a somber expression.

"We can't afford the risks. She has Herrscher powers. Her mind might have been corrupted by the Honkai."

"I trust Wendy, too. Mei was also controlled by the Honkai but managed to resist it back in Nagazora," Kiana asserted, voicing her trust in Wendy's resolve.

So those two have past.

"I'll report this to HQ. The S-rank Valkyrie will be here in 30 minutes. You have 30 minutes to do whatever needs to be done."

Good thing Himeko informed us.

"Thank you, Himeko-sensei!" I acknowledged her instructions as we waited until she continued

Himeko continued, delivering two pieces of alarming news. "Firstly, HQ has tagged Wendy as the 4th Herrscher. Secondly, S-rank Valkyrie Durandal from the European HQ has been deployed to bring her in."

"S-rank Valkyrie Durandal? She's the strongest among S-ranks, right?" Kiana mused.

"Sounds like quite a challenge," I added, chuckling despite the tense situation.

"Another bad news. Schicksal satellites picked up 5 aerial battleships flying across the Pacific. Exact location unknown," Himeko informed us.

"Aerial battleships? Could that be Anti-Entropy?" I wondered aloud.

"Who else? Alright everyone, give up your search if you encounter Anti-Entropy. I'm not losing any of you on this chase," Himeko warned, prioritizing our safety.

Just then, a sudden chill ran down my spine. "Eh?"

A gentle hand patted my back, "Alright, everyone! Let me give you all a hand! Anti-Entropy on the move? Sounds like a great opportunity to me. Heheh."

"Miss Theresa..." I turned slowly to her.

"Hello there Shin~ I see you've been busy playing with the girls recently. Did you give up on me now?" Theresa teased, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.

"Huh?! Don't make me look like a lady killer here!"

"Hehe, more importantly... We have some visitors. Shouldn't we greet them with proper manners?" Theresa turned, directing our attention.

Following her gaze, we spotted a group of zombies heading in our direction.

I tightened my grip on the hilt of my blade "Stay sharp, everyone!" I called out as I dashed towards the encroaching zombies.

Kiana and Mei followed suit, their combat stances fluid and swift as they engaged the undead attackers. Kiana spun gracefully, delivering precise shots with her pistols, while Mei moved with elegant precision, her katana slicing through the air with finesse.

Bronya activated her Project Bunny to engage the zombies, maneuvering with robotic efficiency to keep the creatures at bay.

"Shin! To your right!"

Mei's urgent warning snapped me out of a split-second daze, and before I could react, a zombie lunged at me. My instincts kicked in, but I was caught off guard. Just as I prepared to fend off the attack, a bolt of lightning shot through the air, impaling the zombie before it reached me.

"Shin, you're leaving yourself too open!" Theresa's voice chimed in, her lightning spear dissipating into faint sparks.

"Thanks, Headmaster." I nodded gratefully.

"No time to waste! Let's take these down and find Wendy!" Theresa rallied us, her gaze scanning the immediate area.

We launched a coordinated assault, disposing of the remaining zombies swiftly. However, the urgency of our mission didn't wane as Himeko's voice echoed through our comms.

"The S-rank Valkyrie will touch down in New Zealand in 2 minutes. Anti-Entropy battleships incoming," Himeko's urgent message echoed in our ears.

"Two minutes? That's not enough time!"

Kiana's frustration was palpable.

Theresa, appearing unfazed, offered a seemingly unconventional solution.

"Don't concern yourselves with the S-rank or Anti-Entropy. I've set up a little diversion for them."

"Diversion?" Mei's brows furrowed in confusion.

"I've disclosed the S-rank's whereabouts on an open channel. It might have caused a detour for Anti-Entropy, buying us some time."

That's smart.

A distant explosion rumbled through the air, confirming Theresa's strategy.

"That's what those blasts were..." I muttered.

"Sacrificing one to save many doesn't sit right, but it'll buy us the moments we need. Let's hope Anti-Entropy took the bait," Theresa continued, her expression holding a mix of determination and concern.

"Then let's move quickly!"

We have no time left after all...