Chapter 52 - Against the Storm (1)

"We've got our target! Let's move out!" Himeko's voice echoed through the room, commanding attention.

"Major Himeko!" A female Valkyrie approached us and then saluted before reporting, "There are hundreds of Honkai beasts incoming! We're also detecting Honkai readings at the port side!"

"Move out immediately!"

"Roger that!" The Valkyrie swiftly dashed out of the room.

"It's about to get even busier, Shin," Himeko remarked, turning to me. "Are you familiar with Honkai Classes?"

"I believe so, Major Himeko."

"Hehe, glad to know you've been paying attention in my class."

"Why? What's the matter, Major Himeko?"

"Templar, Chariot, and Seraph classes are landing on top of the Helios!" A Valkyrie's warning blared over the speaker.

"You heard the orders, Shin."

"Give me your command, Major Himeko."

Himeko nodded decisively. "Clear them out."

"Understood!"

I quickly paced through the corridor, frantically searching for a way to reach the top of the ship.

"Where's the way up?!" I muttered under my breath, feeling a sense of urgency.

A female Valkyrie approached me, her demeanor concerned. "You must be Shin, right? What are you doing?"

"I can't find the way to the top deck!"

"Hey, no need to shout," she said, adjusting her stance. "Take this elevator." She pointed to a nearby lift.

"Thanks," I said hurriedly, feeling a bit embarrassed by my outburst.

"No problem," she replied, her expression softening. "But are you sure you can handle those Honkai beasts?"

"I'll manage," I assured her, rushing towards the elevator and pressing the button.

"Here, take these," she said, handing me a bottle of pills.

"What are these?" I asked inspecting the bottle.

"I'm Enma from the Research Houkai Team, Those pills will boost your houkai energy... Although it's still a test, I'm sure it'll work just fine! But be careful not to take too many; you might pass out!"

With a nod of understanding, I accepted the pill and swallowed it.

Woah...?! My body suddenly feels very smooth!

I offered her a smile before entering the elevator.

"Miss Enma."

"Yes?"

"I won't forget your name!"

"Which floor would you like to go to?" asked the AI-powered elevator.

"The top of the ship!"

"Understood. Heading to the top of the ship," the A.I. confirmed, and the elevator closed the door swiftly ascended.

As I ascended in the elevator, the only sound accompanying me was the hum of the A.I. and the mechanical whirring of the elevator. But amidst the silence, a familiar voice broke through my thoughts.

"Are you prepared, Kid? I sense something more sinister ahead."

"Tsurugi..."

"Heh, if you wish, I can handle it."

"You're not taking over my body, Tsurugi."

"Stubborn as always."

"Let's focus on the task at hand."