Chapter 30 - The Unexpected Situation

As I slowly regained consciousness, I found myself lying on the ground, with Rita kneeling beside me. Her hand gently cupped my cheek as she looked down at me with a playful smile.

"Ugh... What happened? Why am I... on the ground?" I groaned, trying to piece together the events that led to my current predicament.

"Ara? You woke up earlier than I expected," Rita said, her tone light and teasing.

"Rita...?"

"Yes, Master Shin?" Rita replied with a smile, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"What happened to Durandal?"

"Master Durandal? She already left a while."

"Is... that so..." I muttered, processing the information. Despite the soreness in my body, I couldn't help but smile back at Rita.

"Why are you smiling all of a sudden? Did something happen in your dreams?" Rita teased.

"Nope... It's just... I feel like I slightly improved."

"Fufu~ I wouldn't call that improved, but yes, you did." Rita chuckled softly. "Come on, let's get you back on your feet."

I accepted her hand, allowing her to help me up. As I stood, I couldn't shake the curiosity that had been nagging at me.

"By the way, Rita?" I began, turning to face her.

"Yes, Master Shin?"

"Why are you calling Durandal 'Master'?"

Rita paused for a moment, her lips curving into a mischievous smile. "Interested in a maiden's secret?"

"...I guess I shouldn't have asked that?" I said with a sheepish grin, realizing my mistake.

"Fufu~ I'm glad you understand us maidens," Rita chuckled, her laughter echoing through the arena as we walked away together.

As we walked out of the arena, I noticed Bronya standing in front of us, her expression unreadable.

"Bronya?" I called out tentatively, unsure of what to expect.

"Shin..." Bronya's voice was cold and devoid of emotion.

"Erm... What are you doing here?"

"I am here to kill you," Bronya stated matter-of-factly, sending a chill down my spine.

...I didn't hear that right... Hold on..

"Come again?" I stammered, hoping I had misunderstood.

But Bronya's expression remained unchanged as she revealed her Project Bunny equipped with rocket launchers and lasers.

"Eh..? Bronya? W-wait... I can explain! Rita!" I turned to Rita, desperately seeking help.

"Yes? Master Shin?" Rita replied innocently, though a mischievous glint danced in her eyes.

"E-explain! You're the only one I could count on!"

"Hmmm~" Rita formed a mischievous smile, clearly enjoying the situation. "You were so rough, you know? The way you thrust your blade."

"Rita!?"

"I see... Normally I would forgive you with just rockets, but it seems you even crossed a line," Bronya continued, her tone playful.

"Wait! What!?"

I'll seriously die you know?!

"But it's true though? You were really fast and rough and the way you handled your blade," Rita teased, feigning a blush.