Chapter 27 - Sudden Commotion

I opened my eyes, the morning light streaming into my room as I slowly sat up from my bed. Stretching my limbs, I rose to my feet, signaling the start of a new day.

Finally back at school after spending two weeks in a coma, I prepared myself for the day ahead. A refreshing bath invigorated my senses, and soon after, I donned my uniform.

With a sense of purpose, I headed out of my bedroom, ready to face a good day ahead.

Now come at me!

...But first, let's go wake Bronya up... She's probably still sleeping

I stepped toward Bronya's bedroom and knocked on the door, "Bronya? Wake up... We have school."

No response.

"Bronya?"

Still, no reply.

"I'm entering."

Gently turning the knob, I opened the door to find Bronya still sleeping peacefully, cocooned in her blanket.

Her PC emitted a soft glow, indicating it was left in sleep mode.

A sense of nostalgia washed over me as I remembered that Bronya Zaychik had been my roommate during my first enrollment at St. Freya Academy.

Well... I don't want to remember the part where I accidentally deleted her save file.

"Come on now, Bronya... Wake up." I shook her gently. "Bronya, wake up... If you don't, your Magi Adventure RPG save will get dele-"

Suddenly, her Project Bunny awakened and promptly knocked me back against the wall.

"Guh."

"Shin... That word is banned in my vocabulary," Bronya stated in a monotone as she opened her eyes, slowly sitting up.

"Good morning, Bronya," I greeted tentatively.

"Good morning." She floated off the bed, her Project Bunny grabbing my collar with a menacing grip. "So? Did you say a thing about my last save on Magi Adventure RPG?" Her eyes bore into mine with an icy glare.

"I-... Hahahaa~ No, ma'am," I stammered.

The Project Bunny released its hold on my collar and disappeared. "Shin, leave my room."

"You don't have to say that," I sighed, slowly walking out of her bedroom.

Dang, her Project Bunny packed a punch.

Stepping out of Bronya's room, I made my way to the bathroom. Gazing into the mirror, I caught a glimpse of my own reflection and then focused my mind on her.

"Tsurugi, are you there?"

My left eye glowed crimson as her voice echoed in my mind. "Speak. What do you want?"

"About the sword that I pulled in that void, where is it?"

"You're asking me about your own powers? Hmph, what a joke."

"This is my first time. Guide me."

She sighed, "You can pull it out if you call it. You are the Herrscher of Blade after all."

"Just a host."

"That's the same thing."

It seemed that she was still not warm towards me. Was she a tsundere?

I smiled, and as I blinked, her presence left my mind. My left eye returned to its normal state. Exiting the bathroom, I noticed Bronya in her casual Valkyrie uniform.

"Let's go."

She nodded, and the two of us headed to the door.

As I twisted the knob, preparing to leave, the doorbell rang, causing Bronya and me to exchange glances.

I slowly opened the door.

"Hello!"

To our surprise, it was Wendy in a Valkyrie uniform.

"Good morning, Wendy."

"Good morning, Shin!" She smiled at me before turning to Bronya, "Good morning, Bronya-oneechan."

"Mm, morning."

During my coma, Wendy had undergone rehabilitation at St. Freya. As a Herrscher with the Gem of Desire within her, close monitoring was essential. Though she struggled to control her powers initially, gradual improvement was evident day by day.

Now that she's here, she is back as a Valkyrie, although not in the same squad as ours.

But really... I looked at her head to toe, noticing her turquoise-shaded hair, with similar turquoise-colored eyes to match. Her clothes took on a much wilder appearance, with her gaining gloves and a scarf alongside a skirt and top combo—mostly white, but with black and green spread throughout. Most notable was a pinwheel ornament on her skirt. The emblem of St Freya Academy adorned her Valkyrie uniform.

Yikes... I'm being weird today, huh... I have to give her a compliment.

"You look great in your Valkyrie outfit, Wendy."

Wendy blushed, her smile brightening. "T-Thanks." She looked down, seemingly a bit shy.

Just then, a chill ran down my spine as I looked at Bronya, who was giving me a cold glare. "What are you doing to Wendy in the morning?"

"Huh? Bronya?"

Bronya floated past me, her demeanor as stoic as ever. "Come on, Wendy. Let's leave IdiotShin here."

"E-Eh?" Wendy hurriedly joined Bronya's side, casting me an apologetic bow.

What the heck was that all about? The sudden frosty exchange left me bewildered, and I scratched my head, trying to make sense of the unexpected tension.

As Bronya and Wendy left, the door closed with an audible click, leaving me alone. I shook off the confusion, realizing that Bronya's peculiar behavior might just be another one of her enigmatic moments.

With a shrug, I continued down the hallway.

As I walked toward the bridge of St. Freya, a strange commotion caught my attention. Valkyries were casting glances in my direction, some with blushes coloring their cheeks, and I could hear whispers and the occasional squeal.

Eh? What's the sudden fuss?

I continued walking, heading inside, when I noticed a Valkyrie approaching me. She seemed to be hiding something behind her back, and as she neared, she bowed down gracefully and extended her arms, revealing an envelope adorned with a heart.

Wait a minute... A confession!?

Oh god, this is my first time receiving a love letter! But why?! What the hell happened?!

I cleared my throat, feeling a mix of surprise and awkwardness, and slowly accepted the envelope. "T-Thank you..."

The Valkyrie looked up at me, a shy smile playing on her lips. She nodded and quickly darted away, joining her friends.

My mind raced with confusion and curiosity.

Why had I become the unexpected center of attention?