Chapter 45 - The Desire For Love

Shocked by Mei's sudden confession, I felt a whirlwind of emotions swirling within me. Her words hung in the air, heavy with expectation, while her earnest gaze bore into mine, searching for a response.

"Mei-senpai..." I began, my voice trembling slightly. "I... I never expected this..."

"Shin, please understand... I couldn't keep these feelings hidden any longer. I had to tell you..." Her voice was desperate, filled with longing as she pressed closer, her breath grazing my neck.

Her words hung in the air, and for a moment, silence enveloped us as I struggled to find the right words.

"I... I value our friendship, Mei-senpai. You mean a lot to me, but..." I hesitated, unsure of how to proceed.

"But...?" she prompted, her voice barely a whisper.

"But... I need time to sort through my own feelings. I'm not sure if I can reciprocate your feelings in the same way..." And it's all sudden too...

Her hopeful expression faltered, replaced by a mixture of disappointment and hurt. "So... you're rejecting me?" she whispered, her voice barely audible over the pounding of my heart.

"No, Mei-senpai, it's not like that..."

But before I could finish, a sudden surge of energy crackled in the air, and Mei's eyes widened with shock as her aura shifted, radiating a powerful Honkai energy.

Warning: Strong Honkai Energy Reaction Detected.

"Mei-senpai!?"

Her eyes blazed with a pink hue, and sparks of lightning danced around her a manifestation of her intense emotions.

"You're... rejecting me... again..." she muttered, her voice trembling with a mixture of anger and sorrow.

"Mei-senpai, please, this isn't what I meant!"

But it was too late. The Honkai energy surged, enveloping her in a dazzling display of power, and I could only watch in horror as the situation spiraled out of control.

"Mei-senpai!"

"Darn it... I have to stop this..." I scanned the surroundings, urgency coursing through me. "But first... I need to ensure the safety of everyone here." With a swift motion, I summoned my purple katana from thin air and firmly gripped it before thrusting it into the ground. "Bloom... Sakura!"

In an instant, the world around us underwent a dramatic transformation. The once dim and dreary forest was replaced by a breathtaking landscape of vibrant sakura trees, their delicate blossoms dancing in the gentle breeze. The surroundings were bathed in a radiant white light, casting an ethereal glow over everything.

"It seems you can use your domain very effectively."

"Tsurugi?!"

"I woke up because I sensed a disgusting honkai energy," Tsurugi's voice echoed in my mind with a hint of disdain. "I can't believe the Herrscher of Lightning is succumbing to mere lust."

"Herrscher of Lightning?!"

"That's right... and Raiden Mei is the vessel for that power, She's currently battling against the lusts inside her."

"Lust? What do you mean?"

"Herrscher of the Sexual Desire

"It preys on desires and weaknesses, manifesting in individuals who are experiencing intense emotions or inner turmoil, In Mei's case, it seems to have latched onto her due to the emotional turbulence."