Chapter 48 - Extra Lesson (1)

After several hours and with the assistance of the medics and Valkyries, we were safely extracted and transported back to St. Freya.

Despite my exhaustion, I knew there were pressing matters to attend to. I made my way to Principal Theresa's office and knocked before entering.

"Shin, welcome back," she greeted me.

"I'm back, Principal Theresa."

"How are your injuries?"

"I'm... managing."

Principal Theresa chuckled softly. "Ah, the resilience of youth. You've been through quite a lot, haven't you?"

"I'm fine, I think."

Principal Theresa's laughter filled the room momentarily, but it quickly subsided as she adopted a serious expression. "Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood."

"I understand, but I need to know about today's mission incident before resting."

With a sigh, she acquiesced, "Alright." Rising from her desk, she motioned for me to follow. I fell into step behind her as we left her office.

"Where are we going?"

"St. Freya's underground church holds some of the most advanced Schicksal biotechnology, but nearly all of its findings have been blocked by top-secret classification," Principal Theresa explained as we descended the stairs.

"Am I allowed to be there?"

"Of course, I'm granting you exclusive access," she said with such confidence.

"You trust me too much, Principal Theresa."

"It's fine."

As we walked, a strange sensation of being watched nagged at me, causing me to halt and scan our surroundings.

Hm? Weird? I swear I can sense that someone is following us.

Finding nothing amiss, I shook off the feeling.

Maybe it's just my imagination, I sighed, I'm too tired.

A few minutes later, we entered the eerie chamber, Theresa activated the central computer with practiced movements. "Search for data on the 'Herrscher of Sexual Desire,'" she instructed.

The computer complied, displaying the results. "300 search results found in the Schicksal Core Database. 10 entries are classified as top secret due to their implications with the 'Herrscher Research Project' and cannot be accessed," it added before a loading screen appeared.

"Ugh, must be Grandpa's doing..." Theresa muttered. "Well, what about the non-classified entry?"

"Grandpa? Who is your grandpa?"

"Otto Apocalypse, he's my grandfather and the leader of Schicksal."

"A higher-up."

"There is one name with a different file name: 'Asakura Miyuki.' Would you like to view this file?" the computer prompted.

Theresa sighed in frustration. "We can't access that since it's still incomplete..."

"Principal Theresa, what exactly are we doing?" I inquired.

"We're going back to the past to learn about it." she explained cryptically. "Consider it an extra lesson from me."

"Huh?"

"Just trust me, Shin," she said with a wink, before addressing the database. Darn it, the only one who knows about her is HIM. She sighed, "Database, Lead us to the Babylon Lab, Siberia on Feb 7th, 2000"

"Understood, Principal Theresa," the computer acknowledged.

Suddenly, a red glow enveloped us, and Theresa and I vanished from our location, transported back in time.

Meanwhile, from someone else's perspective...

"Huh? They disappeared? The screen is fading too! I have to follow them!" She hurriedly stepped in front of the database.

"Virtual space construction complete. Time: 15:00, February 7th, 2000. Location: Babylon Lab. Siberia."

In an instant, she found herself somewhere unfamiliar, landing on snow-covered ground.

"Huh? Where... am I?"

Looking around, she called out, "Hello? Anyone?" Frustrated, she checked her phone, but there was no signal. "What is this place? I was right behind Theresa and Shin, but they're gone too! All I can see is that tower." Pausing for a moment, she decided, "I guess I'll head over and check it out."

With determination, she made her way towards the towering structure, crossing a bridge along the path.

"Never seen this much snow before. I used to live in a snowy village when Dad was around," she reminisced, a fond smile appearing on her face.

"I really miss the snowball fights with Dad. His snowball even managed to smash through a massive 1-foot stone block."

Suddenly, a realization struck her.

"Hey wait, was he trying to murder me with that?! What was he thinking?" Her pout deepened.

"Then that stubborn old man just vanished four years ago... I tried looking for him in Europe and Asia. Still Nothing!

She sighed, "I wonder what he's up to now. Kinda miss him, really."

After several minutes of walking, she glanced around, noticing that the tower still loomed in the distance. "That tower seems so far away. Am I lost or something?" she murmured to herself, her footsteps steady as she continued to make her way towards it. "I really hope I won't be trapped here forever. It's so lonely down here."

Reminds me of the day when the old man went missing. No one replied. No one waited for me. Now I'm in the snow, all by myself... No, No! You shouldn't say that! It's all different now. Everyone's waiting for me. Shin, Mei, Himeko, Theresa, and even the mighty Bronya! I'll see them again soon!

After 30 minutes passed, she noticed a device lying on the snowy ground and cautiously picked it up.

"Huh? What's this?"

Suddenly, the device emitted a beep, catching her attention. "It picked something up!"

A familiar voice echoed from the device, "Failed to intercept the target. I'm injured fighting her. Currently immobile. Target is heading to Babylon Labs. All Valkyries, make your way to the target location ASAP!"

"That's Aunt Theresa's voice! She shouldn't be that far away! I've got to go and find her!"

However, her stomach growled loudly, interrupting her thoughts.

"Urgk... I'm in no condition to fight, so I should take it slow for now..." She decided to proceed cautiously.

After a few minutes, She noticed a familiar figure crouching on the snowy ground, her arms glowing with an ominous energy. Concerned, She rushed over to her.

"Aunt Theresa! Who did this to you!?"

The figure looked up, confusion evident in her eyes. "Huh? Who are you?"

"Even you're hurt in your head?! We've only been apart for minutes... I'm your niece, Kiana."

"Kiana? Kiana... Kaslana?" Theresa's expression shifted to a confident grin. "Humph! Damn you, 2nd Herrscher, for using an illusion to confuse me! Am I that gullible? Kiana is only one year old!" With determination, Theresa got up and took a defensive stance, a cross appearing on her back along with chains. "Die! Illusion!"

"Eh?!"

Kiana immediately took out her dual pistols and prepared herself.

[A/N: I won't go for the deeper parts of Kiana's point of view since it'll be a spoiler for those who haven't played the chapter (I'll be surprised even no one knows this part) but anyways. The next chapter will be Shin's point of view only.  ]