Chapter 38 - Gamble

The clash of our blades echoed through the cavern, each strike reverberating with the intensity of our battle. Our movements were swift and precise, a blur of steel as we exchanged blows with lightning speed.

Yae's movements were fluid and graceful, her strikes calculated and precise. But I matched her blow for blow.

Each clash sent sparks flying, illuminating the darkness of the cave with fleeting bursts of light.

Our clash intensified, the rhythm of our blades becoming a frantic symphony of steel. Each strike came faster than the last, a whirlwind of motion as we danced on the edge of danger.

But then, in a moment of vulnerability, Yae seized her chance. With startling speed, she lunged forward, grabbing me by the neck and pinning me to the ground with a forceful slam.

My breath caught in my throat as I struggled against her grip, the pressure on my neck making it difficult to breathe.

Shit... She's dragging me outside the cave!

With a powerful thrust, she hurled me through the air, sending me crashing into the trees with a sickening thud.

I gasped for air as I staggered to my feet, my body aching from the impact.

But there was no time to dwell on the pain as Yae launched herself at me once again, her blade flashing in the moonlight as she descended upon me with lethal intent.

"Are you holding up, kid?" Tsurugi's voice echoed in my mind as I instinctively shifted into a defensive stance.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, though I could feel the honkai energy pulsating dangerously within me.

"The honkai energy surrounding you is on the verge of eruption. Let me take over before it's too late."

"No, I can handle this."

"What?! Are you out of your mind, kid?!"

"I don't need your help right now. I'm the only one who can reach Miss Yae Sakura's mind."

Each strike reverberated with determination and resolve, as I pushed myself to the limit, drawing upon every ounce of strength and skill.

As our blades clashed once more, the intensity surged, threatening to overwhelm me. But I refused to back down, channeling all my focus into each precise movement.

"You're stronger than I thought," Yae remarked with a smile, launching a kick that I managed to block with my knee.

"I won't be defeated," I countered, attempting to strike back, but she swiftly evaded.

"Perhaps I should even the odds," Yae suggested, swinging the 12th divine key to the side. "Awaken, Jizo-Mitama."

In an instant, an armored samurai materialized from the sword, brandishing two blades and assuming a battle-ready stance.

"A two versus one scenario hardly seems fair."

I took a stance and dashed forward towards Yae. But before I could reach her, Jizo Mitama intercepted, its blades slashing in front of me.

"Tch! What a third wheel! You're in the way!" I grunted, clashing swords with the Jizo.

As our blades clashed, Yae leaped atop Jizo, ready to strike. Reacting swiftly, I dashed backward, narrowly avoiding her attack.

"Dang it... I don't know how much time I have left until this Honkai energy fully consumes me," I thought grimly, the pressure of the situation weighing heavily on me as I looked around.