Chapter 22 - The Chase (2)

Wendy's transformed form was overwhelming, her Herrscher of Wind aura looming over us like a storm on the horizon. Despite the danger, we stood our ground, hoping to reach her.

"Finally caught up to you, Wendy!"

I called out, my voice edged with a mix of urgency and concern.

It doesn't matter how long the S-Rank Valkyrie and AE will be here. We need her to stop.

Himeko's voice echoed in our comms, "That's the 4th Herrscher, The Herrscher of Wind."

The ideal fluid, which is manifested in the ability to control the wind

"Why follow me? Do you seek death? I've spared you out of my kindness. You have no idea who you are dealing with," Wendy's voice carried an ominous tone, the Herrscher's power coursing through every word she uttered.

I'm shaking for some reason... Is it fear? This is my first time facing a herrscher.

"Please, Wendy! Come back with us! It's too dangerous here!"

Mei pleaded, her voice earnest and filled with worry. She was trying to reach out to the Wendy they knew, not this Herrscher.

"S-rank Valkyrie? Those with Herrscher-level powers? I want to know if I can take on an S-rank myself."

Wendy's tone sounded almost curious as if she was intrigued by the challenge.

"Wendy, listen to us! This isn't the way,"

Kiana urged, her voice tinged with a mix of determination and sadness. She didn't want to fight, especially not against Wendy.

"I'm not going back. I won't be caged!"

Wendy's declaration carried a hint of defiance, the power of the Gem of Desire clouding her judgment.

"I won't upset Bronya nor fight you. Stop following me," Wendy's voice echoed, filled with an air of resignation and sorrow.

But before we could respond, Wendy took off again, leaving us behind. However, our path was now blocked by a swarm of Honkai beasts that appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh no, not more of them!" Mei exclaimed, her katana at the ready.

"We'll have to clear these out first!" I shouted over the commotion.

Kiana leaped into action, summoning her Houkai energy with a burst of determination. With swift movements, she charged towards the beasts, her agility and speed impressive as she took down several of them with precise kicks and punches.

Mei dashed in next to support Kiana, her katana glinting as she executed fluid slashes, carving through the Honkai beasts with practiced ease.

Bronya activated her Project Bunny, commanding it to launch laser attacks at the incoming beasts, creating a diversion and allowing us to focus on the enemy without being overwhelmed.

The aftermath of the battle left us slightly winded but on edge, anticipating our next move. Theresa swiftly broke the silence, her voice was sharp.

"I just got Durandal's coordinates."

"How in the world did you manage that?"

"Honesty's her game, Shin," Himeko interjected. "Though she's giving away quite a lot."

"Can't help it. We must give some time..." Theresa trailed off, her expression a mix of contemplation and concern.

"But exposing her location to the enemy? Durandal is supposed to be an ally..." Himeko said, her eyebrows furrowing in worry.