Chapter 25 - Swords and Ashes

(Tsurugi's POV)

"Tch, I see. That's how it is..." She glared at me, her eyes a mix of curiosity and amusement. "The unknown Herrscher that even Anti-Entropy wasn't aware of... Are you?"

"I wonder," I replied cryptically.

"Hahahaha~ How lucky of me... To catch a Herrscher here alone without a nuisance..."

I smiled, slowly tilting my head, "Lucky? I wonder."

"I am indeed... lucky." She commanded her mechas to launch attacks at me, eagerly lunging towards me.

As the mechas approached, I stood still. With a snap of my fingers, swords thrust from below, impaling the airborne mechas.

"Insects."

I gracefully drew my Sakura no Tetsu Hana from its sheath, taking a stance. Sakura trees blossomed from the ground, and I looked up at the mechas descending upon me. "Sakura no Mugen."

Cherry blossom petals swirled around me and the blade, creating a breathtaking spectacle. The technique released a devastating and overpowering strike that transcended the physical realm, embodying the infinite and overwhelming power of nature.

Once the cutting performance ended, I sheathed the Sakura no Tetsu Hana, and the mechas around me started exploding one by one.

"I-impossible...!" She was bewildered.

"Impossible? I thought you were lucky?"

"T-This isn't the plan at all...!"

"Plan? Oh?? Do you mean the ship flying above us? Sorry, but I may not be able to see it. However, since it's caught in my domain around us, cutting through it without moving is quite simple."

"The cherry petals...!? Is it because of them!?"

"Ding ding~ Although this is just my very first katana, I always wanted to draw in a fight. Drawing two of my other katanas will..." I cleared my throat, "Destroy the world."

"You... What's your HW!?" She muttered something, "Even the Herrscher of the Void's HW is 4458... yet you?!"

[A/N: What is HW? Houkai Welt (HW) is a unit of measurement in the game's lore that measures Houkai Energy output from Houkai Beasts or Catastrophes. When an ordinary human is exposed to 10 HW or larger, their bodily functions slowly cease and their body gets corrupted into a zombie of sorts.]

"6000."

"W-What!?"

"My full potential only reached 6000."

"Th-That's a lie!"

It seems she doesn't understand what a herrscher can do to this world... how about I show her.

"I see... A lie..." I smiled with a sinister grin, raising my left arm and opening my palm. A black orb materialized within my hand, "Then... Let me show you a glimpse of 6000 HW."

The air around us grew heavy as swords from the ground began to fly around me. However, just as I was about to drop the orb, an immense heat slash struck me from behind. 

I stopped the orb and turned around, greeted by Himeko in her crimson battlesuit.

"Shin, it's time for you to wake up."

"Ohhh?~ The Herrscher of Flame, I missed you~"

"Herrscher of Flame? I do not know what you mean, but you must be the Herrscher of Blade that Schicksal was talking about."

"Hehehehe~ Would you mind entertaining me for a bit?"

Himeko's claymore sword burst into flames, slashing upwards. I blocked it with the Sakura no Tetsu Hana in a swift draw.

"Return my student before I start getting serious," Himeko glared at me, determination burning in her eyes.

Cherry blossoms continued to swirl around, creating a surreal scene amidst the chaos. The clash of blades resonated, each strike sending shockwaves through the surroundings.

I maintained a composed demeanor, effortlessly parrying Himeko's fiery onslaught. The flames danced on the edge of the Sakura no Tetsu Hana, but they couldn't consume the blade.

"Your student, you say?" I chuckled, "I think he's perfectly fine. Just taking a little break, enjoying the show."

Himeko's eyes flared with intensity as she increased the ferocity of her attacks. The clash between flames and cherry blossoms created a stunning visual display, showcasing the power between the strongest.

As the battle raged on, I couldn't help but notice Himeko's determination. Her flames burned brighter, and her attacks became more relentless. "It's getting hotter, I see~"

In the midst of our confrontation, I whispered, "Tell me, Herrscher of Flame, how far are you willing to go for your student? What sacrifices are you prepared to make?"

Himeko gritted her teeth, "I will do whatever it takes to bring him back."

With a sly grin, I responded, "How about sacrificing yourself?"

Before she could react, I unleashed a severe, consecutive slash at her, then kicked her back, colliding with the swords around us.

Himeko's flames flickered, and she struggled against the force. "What... What is this power?"

I only smiled, feeling the thrill of the confrontation. I took a stance, and Himeko got up immediately, determination in her eyes as she also took a stance.

The clash of our powers created an intense aura, the very air crackling with tension. It was a dance of blades and flames.

Each movement echoed with the weight of our abilities, and sparks flew as our attacks collided.

Himeko's flames roared higher, and I could feel the heat intensifying.

"Impressive, but don't get too carried away."

"Stop yapping around."

The resounding clash of weapons and the roaring flames intensified, creating a cacophony that echoed through the surroundings, now rapidly transforming into a chaotic battlefield.

"Hehehe~ Herrscher of Flame, you truly are one of the best opponents out there," I remarked with a hint of amusement in my voice.

Himeko, despite her exhaustion, continued to push herself, her movements becoming even faster as if fueled by sheer determination.

"But right now..." My attention shifted to the mature woman observing us from a distance. "I'll kill her with my blade."

I swiftly dashed towards her, my body feeling the strain, only to realize too late that an injection had been administered to my neck. "Since when did you... do that?"

What a sly bitch...

And then, darkness enveloped me as I succumbed to unconsciousness.

Himeko, panting heavily, thrust her claymore into the ground and knelt down. "That was close... Herrscher of Flames? Me? Looks like you live in a different timeline, kiddo."

In the aftermath, the chaos that had consumed the Oceania Branch in New Zealand transformed into a landscape of nothing but swords and ashes...

...

As for Shin Watanabe, he lay in a state of coma, currently undergoing recovery. The woman orchestrating events from behind the scenes was apprehended by Valkyries and brought to Schicksal for questioning.

Her name was revealed to be Cocalia.

[A/N: It's really hard to write a fighting scenario, I need some advice.]