Chapter 13. Pang.

Pang was annoyed with me because I didn't meet her for breakfast as usual, and had sent her a last minute text just saying I was going to meet up with Ming and Pond, and didn't give her the reason why.

Karn told me on the way to our first lecture of the day that Golf had stirred things up even more by telling her that I was out late with them again last night. She had been anxious to know why it was so important that I had to meet them before breakfast and why couldn't it wait until later in the day.

Karn said they didn't quite know what to say as none of them knew anything about it, and that seemed to have made matters worse. She had then accused me of being secretive and having something to hide.

Karn warned me to watch out as Pang was now in one of her 'Earth Protective Modes' as she was now convinced that Ming was definitely a gold digger, and was a most unsuitable friend for me to have, as according to her, he was openly trying to seduce me.

Karn also told me that the budget cuts to her dance club had not been resolved yet, and that too was annoying her. He said breakfast with her had been a total nightmare. I knew that an annoyed Pang was never reasonable, and I was dreading catching up with her at lunchtime.

I had told Pond of Karn's psychic vision and how it had been pretty accurate as to what had actually happened. I also told him that Karn had mentioned that he had other visions about me, but hadn't gone into any detail. I just said I hoped it was possible he could easily do something about it so it didn't cause him a problem.

Pond then teased me by saying he would have to get his friends to come and help eliminate all of my roommates. Ming had laughed so much at the look of panic on my face that it made his sides ache.

Pond had shown more interest in Karn's psychic ability rather than in the content of what he saw, and didn't seem unduly worried by the visions. I thought about telling them about my talk with Karn in the washroom, but decided that it was best not to let Ming know just what my roommates thought about him just yet.

Pond had asked if it was possible to have a private informal meeting with Karn. I told him he wouldn't be able to meet with just Karn, as Korn would have to be there too, as they always came as a pair, and how Korn now appeared to be homophobic.

Ming had suggested that they 'bumped' into us when Karn and I were on our way to the music club on Thursday when Korn was at football training. I told him that was no good. He was surprised when I said Karn always told Korn everything anyway, and was shocked when I said about the telepathic communication that they had between them. Ming really thought I was joking when I said if either of them experienced any rapid change in emotion, like stress or pain, the other one felt it too. 

That's when I had the feeling that Pond was somehow struggling with the fact that Korn and Karn were identical twins. I don't know why I felt that, but I remembered that Pang had said she noticed how he had stared at them, and looked freaked out, when he briefly saw them yesterday. That in itself was nothing unusual, as many people did this on first seeing them. They were so identical that people couldn't see any difference between them. It made me  wonder if he had any knowledge or concept of twins, and if indeed there were twin MerPeople.

I didn't have the chance to ask him as the bell for their lectures sounded. I knew I would have to rush now as my first lecture would be starting shortly too. I raced across the Campus square and caught up with the twins and Golf just as they were going into our main teaching block.

This was when Karn told me about Pang being mad at me.

Golf and Korn walked in front of us, they were deep in conversation with other classmates about the Champions League Football match between Liverpool and Barcelona that was being played today. I gathered, from what was being said, that they were arranging to all meet up round one of the other boys' apartments to watch the game streamed live on TV.